99cfenvyv6 Accord Coupe (UPDATED! 8/17!!!)

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Re: 99cfenvyv6 Accord Coupe (UPDATED!)

Meh.... put a single turbo setup on it before you drop it in the hole:hihi:
But seriously I like what you've done with your car...... that and I can't get enough of your USDM 6G coupes!! (we only get the Gen 5 ones here)

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score

Got the clutch pedal/master cylinder in, along with the reservoir for the clutch lines...

Cutting holes
IMG_1200.jpg

I had to make a clevis for the master cyl. since it didnt come with one. Its ugly, but it works.
IMG_1203.jpg

Master cyl. through the firewall
IMG_1206.jpg

Pedal hooked up
IMG_1207.jpg

pedals
IMG_1210.jpg

CHID0

Reaction score

did you put spacers behind the pedal? If not you're gonna need some

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score

I didnt' realize you had to put spacers in, so I took care of it today. Found 10mm collar spacers in my junk and used those, and made a new clevis since after putting the spacers in it didnt work properly (just made a longer clevis) Everything is in now, the pedals, master cyl, and reservoir/hose.....ran out of things to do until the motor is out :(

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score

2-3 weeks? Its pretty much ready to go, or could be within a week (still need a starter). Jake (MoneyPit) is helping me, but he is pretty busy with stuff. Its like waiting for christmas to happen when youre a small kid!

I might be able to get something lined up where i dont have to DD my car for a week or two, that way i could get the motor pulled and stuff

GlassJAw

Reaction score

I feel for you dude, those will be the longest 2-3 weeks ever!!
Least you know that it will be done the right way in the end..... rushed jobs always end up requiring rework!

CHID0

Reaction score

I didnt' realize you had to put spacers in, so I took care of it today. Found 10mm collar spacers in my junk and used those, and made a new clevis since after putting the spacers in it didnt work properly (just made a longer clevis) Everything is in now, the pedals, master cyl, and reservoir/hose.....ran out of things to do until the motor is out :(

I would recommend against using the collar spacers. Use a build-up of fender washers. You can get em at home depot. If you stay with a washer with a small diameter there will be less surface area to brace the pedal and after about a year of use the pedal bracket with warp and have stress cracks (i just went through this).

Also be sure to brace the top of the pedal to the steel dash cross member, this will brace the moment force put on the bracket each time you clutch. This will save a ton of headache down the road.....

efcivicturbo

Reaction score

looks very clean, makes me want a new lip.. lol

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score

I would recommend against using the collar spacers. Use a build-up of fender washers. You can get em at home depot. If you stay with a washer with a small diameter there will be less surface area to brace the pedal and after about a year of use the pedal bracket with warp and have stress cracks (i just went through this).

Also be sure to brace the top of the pedal to the steel dash cross member, this will brace the moment force put on the bracket each time you clutch. This will save a ton of headache down the road.....

the collar spacers arent wide at all...I noticed the top of the clutch pedal bracket needs support, just like the brake pedal has. How did you support the pedal?

Back