Intermittent hard shift, 1-2 - 2002 I4 Accord..

javiert99

Reaction score
I just wanted to report back on this...

I did go ahead and do a 3 quart fluid change.. have not gotten around to the next 3 quart change...

While there I also pulled out the lower solenoids which I believe control the 1-2 shift under the battery tray area and took a look at the "pipes" the Odyssey owners talk about. The pipes and screens were clean. There was some metal sludge on the drain bolt but what transmission doesn't? After all, the clutch material does wear and it has to go somewhere...

Problem was happening about once a month, and lately it seems to be happening a little more often, up to today where today it seemed I could duplicate it with almost every shift.

I took it to a shop last month and they ran diagnostics on it, but of course it was not doing anything at the time, so they were able to find nothing. Free diagnostic from a reputable shop.. they just asked me to bring it in when it could be duplicated.

If it keeps doing the hard 1-2 tomorrow I may likely take it in to see what they have to say.

javiert99

Reaction score
Well it didn't do the hard 1-2 last week after I posted but it has been doing it now all weekend and all day today, so I think it's finally doing it enough to bring it in and get some info.

I did one more fluid change just for fun, but no dice. I should be taking it in Tuesday I think.

Back