1998 Accord P1607 Alongside other sensor high voltage codes

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
Update::!!! the scrap yard ECU runs better but take off is slow. Still only one P1607 code. Any help would be appreciated on what causing my slow take off. ALSO:The car had a jumper wire leading from the fuel pump when I purchased it about a year ago. It sat up until this past March when I was forced to drive it because my 97 thunderbird quit on me and needed fixing. Upon visual inspection, I saw the Black & Yellow wire being severed in the pig tail of the fuel pump. Ran a wire to connect the two ends and left the initial wire that ran to the fuse box off to see would it power the fuel pump with its stock pig tail power. It did. But car runs extremely slow this way...

Tell me more about this '97 Thunderbird. I have one as well and am on a Thunderbird forum, TCCoA. Lots of good info there :).

No. I took the immobilizer chip out the donor ECU. Green key flashes but it cranks and Starts.

It's not just the immobilizer. The key is also married to the ECU. So the ECU basically verifies that the key being used (through the immobilizer) is the correct key for your car. With the ECU having been pulled from the donor car, the ECU is looking for that specific key, but since it can't find it, all the engine does is crank but won't start.

Or am I getting that wrong?

95Tech

Reaction score
Still having P1607 Code and poor acceleration even with old ECU!!! Can anyone whose familiar with this code answer???

95Tech

Reaction score
CDSDONTBURN, to answer your question yes the car cranks and starts and runs, but after I swapped the ECU, by passing the immobilizer, when I accelerate in D4 or D3, it moves forward extremely slow, in D2 and D1, it takes off normal, but Aroind 30 mph, the car bucks and hiccups. And the New ECU is throwing the same P1607 code that leads me to believe that it was NOT the computer to begin with. I’m still searching for anything to help eliminate the Cause of this P1607 code so that I may share it with you all

95Tech

Reaction score
And also the thunderbird needed a flex plate which I am planning on doing soon if this accord keeps acting up

95Tech

Reaction score
UPDATE!!!!!p1607 code is a ecu code. Definitely replace ECU!. The other problem was that I was losing transmission fluid because a cooling line was loose. Tightened and refilled transmission car runs great. Thanks for all your help. Hopefully this forum can help solve someone else’s problem

Back