Washed engine bay, now all dash lights on

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
All dash lights on is usually indicative of alternator failure.
I've also seen the "all dash lights on" for alternator failure on several different makes and models.

Yes, I've had that happen while running the car with the alt belt removed (dash lit up like a Christmas tree).

Connie

Reaction score
Yes, I've had that happen while running the car with the alt belt removed (dash lit up like a Christmas tree).

Sounds like I should swap in a spare alternator and see if it goes away then. Didn't know that. Both previous times mine went, the battery light on the dash was the only thing that came on.

Ham Solo

Reaction score
Forgot to update this, but I figured I would do so now for anyone who has this issue in the future. Turns out the issue was the alternator like Supra said. I got one from my local pick n pull and threw it on. All lights went off and car has been driving just fine. Definitely a good lesson for me, I'll always cover electrical stuff now. Thanks for everyone's help and input!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Enne

Reaction score
Very strange. I've washed my 6th gen's engine bay multiple times and never had this happen. Then again, I use a DIY car wash wand instead of a hose.

This is my car like 2 years ago getting hosed down. This isn't a regular thing that I do with it; just showing that it can be done. Only "precaution" I take is to stuff a towel in the intake hole and try to not directly spray the fuse boxes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LUES0j_kTM

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
cover the alternator, fuse box and battery with a plastic bag anytime u wash the engine bay

Back