Two brands of Honda plug wires?

pattywak

Reaction score
I'm looking on Majestic Honda for parts for a small tune up, and I see that there are two sets of plug wires, one being Sumitomo and the other Prestolite Wire, both at the same price.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...5=HIGH TENSION CORD - SPARK PLUG&vinsrch=null

Now, when I have gone to the dealership and asked for the plug wires, they never gave me an option. Now, I'm thinking that they are the same, but there has to be a reason that there are 2 different sets listed. What gives? Which is the right OEM one?

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
they are both oem but sumitomo was most commonly used ... just like some oem radiators are denso and some are valeo ... you mostly find a denso radiator in most 6ga's

... and if your screwed like me you get a valeo with a different size radiator cap than denso and therefore cannot find it at the local autozone lol ... end of rant, thx

finch13

Reaction score
Sumitomo are the more popular ones... I've never seen a Honda without Sumitomo plug wires.

eDub

Reaction score
they are both oem but sumitomo was most commonly used ... just like some oem radiators are denso and some are valeo ... you mostly find a denso radiator in most 6ga's

... and if your screwed like me you get a valeo with a different size radiator cap than denso and therefore cannot find it at the local autozone lol ... end of rant, thx

the same happened to me. autozone has them but i forgot what i picked up cause the one the shown for our car would not fit

Back