Another 6gn Newbie

Emerald Isle

Reaction score
Wow! A site just for 6th gen Accords? Who wudda thunk?

I read about this site from Drive Accord and decided to check it out. Last Dec. 26th I bought a 2000 EX sedan with the insurance check after totaling my Hyundai XG350 (my son was driving it). It's a 4cyl. 5spd., dark green with tan leather and it's in great shape. I love this car.:love: It doesn't have all the gadgets my XG had but I believe it makes up for it in quality.

Anyway a good friend of mine worked at a Honda dealership parts counter back at the time when 6th gens were new and he said that the 6th gen Accords were the best Accords ever made, meaning best quality and they're even better than all the newer ones, despite all the V6-AT woes . Is this true?

Another question I have is did most 6th gen Accords have Auto trans? There's lots of these around and I got in the habit of discreetly peeking in the windows of them and it seems that there are very few of them with manuals (which is why I believe I got a good deal from the dealer). Thats all for now!

juicebox00

Reaction score
welcome, yes, 5spd is hard to find. idk about the quality thing but i love my car. interior feels solid and not all plasticy like new cars

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Welcome to the family!

There are a lot of autos however a 6 speed swap takes care of the auto woes.

I love the quality of my accord fully loaded/ leather etc. It's very close to the quality of our Acura MDX and a ton better than my old DSM.

Fellow parent here as well :wub:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The only thing newer Accords have over ours is the interior design...it is brilliant. (Ours was good in its day) But when it comes to exterior...I think the 6GA skin is the best to come out of Honda, ever. Especially when it comes to the coupe.

Anyway, welcome to 6GA. :)

Back