engine bay cover

lifelongbread

Reaction score
i havent been able to find any information on it. im just curious if there is any pieces we can put in our engine bay to cover a majority of our components for example:
Engine.jpg

im not sure if it has been discussed or if anybody wants to do it, but i think it would make our engine bay appear.... cleaner and less jumbled....
in my opinion it makes it look more simple

SykVSyx

Reaction score
No, it doesn't appeal to 6th Gen Accord owner's who don't have a 3G TL.

Even with an engine swap, the rest of the pieces won't fit.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
^ what he said.... and it traps heat.

but, I would like to cover up the ABS system and maybe a few other components with some fancy sheet metal work.

I see where your coming from though. You would need to do some custom work for your idea.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
There is no feasible way to do this without spending thousands of dollars in custom work. I know a guy who makes these panels for 6thgens, but just the front air diverter piece is over $300.. Are you ready to put down $1500 in custom cosmetic work? Didn't think so.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I hate the abundance of plastic cover panels found in new cars nowadays, looks cheap and non-DIY friendly to me. Just tuck some wires like fastfly said, and clean everything. There is a battery tray cover that doesn't look bad but I think they're only for V6.

If you really want to do it, it will be mostly all custom work. So start taking measurements of what/where you want stuff hidden, and look around for a shop that does this kind of work. And metal always looks best imo.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Something to note, muscle cars don't have engine covers.

IF you do an engine swap, why cover it up......show it off!

If the covers are stock, that's one thing, but not worth the hassle unless you have a REALLY good connection for fabrication.

lifelongbread

Reaction score
ok so i guess the engine bay cover is outa the question. what engine components are paintable...? i know the valve cover, but what else?

Back