Maaco paint job, yay or nay?

chriskarel

Reaction score
Hey guys I just want a quick consensus on Maaco's paint jobs. I have heard both good and bad about them. If Maaco blows, does anybody have any recommendations for a paint shop in the Pittsburgh area? I want to get my car painted OEM Satin Silver.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
I guess it depends on which Maaco you take it to. Overall, Maaco's paint jobs are sub par. However, I know a few people who have had decent experiences with them. I also know other people who have had massive bubble in their paint when they got it back (Luckily, Maaco paid to fix it for them at another shop lol). I guess if you don't intend to keep the car long or could care less if you have cherry paint then go for it. Maaco is notorious for using subpar materials and leaving necessary steps out of the process, like wet sanding.

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
do all the prep work yourself and you will get decent results, otherwise they just spray over the old paint, regardless of condition.

chriskarel

Reaction score
nobody bit, so I'm keeping her til at least next spring

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The guy in the Maaco commercials who says he let them paint his '69 Camaro is a retard if it's true.

As for the woman who says she let them paint her 5-Series...well, she's a woman. :lawl:

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
my saying will be NO!!!

we had a really bad experience with them... with in a yr, the paint faded already...

and quality is not great at all :boohoo:

chriskarel

Reaction score
what about Ziebart?? Just found one close to me. All the rest seem to be a random dude that started his own place. I'd rather go with a name I have heard of...

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
The guy in the Maaco commercials who says he let them paint his '69 Camaro is a retard if it's true.

As for the woman who says she let them paint her 5-Series...well, she's a woman. :lawl:

dont forget, theyre also in a commercial...so they have financial benefit. id say whatever for some cash too, haha.

as for maaco, they didnt do too bad on my friends mk3. though, he did the prep work and brought it to them with all the glass out, except the windshield, and the bumpers not attached as well.​

Back