98-03 Type R coil overs

Hobbit

Reaction score
ive used the search engine but i cant find a definitive answer.

the more i look at the car the more i think the suspension sits to high even for a stock car the camber on the front wheels is off to the point its wearing the outside edges of the tyres - spotted this yesterday.

ive found on the Bay a full set of 98-03 Accord Type R suspension looks like unadjustable coil overs, im guessing this is going to be lower sitting and stiffer but will it fit the V6 coupe , if it will im thinking as a stop gap until my bonus arrives it might help in getting the car to sit right and help with the wallowing.

has this been done

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
There was no Type-R, and the years are wrong.

His location is UK.

There was an Accord Type R in the European market. Just as there was an Accord Euro R for the Japan market. Both models were 4 door. Red Top 2.2's available. Hobbit is correct.

I only see lowering springs for his model on EBAY, that is what he meant by unadjustable coils. They appear to be generic no name brands..which I would NOT recommend.

If you can get Eibach springs or H and R springs, I recommend those 2
-- I think H and R is Germany based, so would be best bet for you probably, no?

However, it sounds like you may have other suspension issues based on your description. Have you had a shop diagnose any possible issues?

Hobbit

Reaction score
There was no Type-R, and the years are wrong.

there was in the UK and JDM / Euro

Accord Type R and Euro-R
Main article: Honda Accord
EDM 'CH1' Face-lifted 2002 Accord Type-R
JDM 'CL1' Accord Euro-R

The Honda Accord Type-R (ATR) was produced from 1998 to 2002 using the CH1 Accord chassis and sold in UK/EU markets, the JDM Accord Euro-R uses the CL1 chassis, Using a naturally aspirated 2.2-litre four-cylinder DOHC H22A7 "Red Top" VTEC motor which produces 217 bhp (220ps, 161.8Kw) and the EDM produces 210 bhp (212ps, 155.9Kw) @ 7,200 rpm and 164 lb·ft (222 N·m) @ 6,700 rpm. The Type-R Accord model is differentiated by features such as: stiffer suspension and chassis, Torsen limited-slip-differential, twin-piston brakes, dual exhaust system, 17-inch alloy wheels, Xenon headlights, Recaro seats and a leather-trimmed Momo steering wheel. As an option, there was a distinctive tall and functional rear spoiler wing that most customers opted for.

http://images.pistonheads.com/nimg/28132/Honda_AccordTypeR_03-L.jpg

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/5492/atrinthesun01.jpg

wheelman you beat me to it :D to busy copy and pasting wiki (i know squat about honda :D )

Last edited:

Hobbit

Reaction score
If you can get Eibach springs or H and R springs, I recommend those 2
-- I think H and R is Germany based, so would be best bet for you probably, no?

However, it sounds like you may have other suspension issues based on your description. Have you had a shop diagnose any possible issues?

next pay day - got balance and set up for £35 - and if after ive bought my new crash helmet have anything left then yes i can get H&R springs or similar

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If the outside edges of your tires are worn, that's positive camber.

Edit

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You're right I don't know what I was thinking lol, my kid kept me up half the night. Yes you have positive camber if the outside edge of the tire is wearing faster.

Fixed.

Last edited:

Hobbit

Reaction score
hope wasn't keeping you up for the wrong reasons

Back