RR's '99 coupe EX-L

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT

Passenger side in. These really hug you. I hope the heating elements work.

temporary_zpsd92f1664.jpg

Anytime, Nope I decided to keep my cg and finish her.

:rock:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Can you tell any weight difference? I suppose the CL's are a bit heavier, but I'm curious.

Also, will you be able to wire & add (mod) the memory seat position switches on your door panel?

Mikey

Reaction score

IDK if I'm digging the tail lights. I like the look of red and clears but I hate how they either don't line up or your have overlap like you said and then that'd bug me.

I've always wondered how the CL seats feel. Sounds like they're more snug. I too would like to know how you fare with the heating elements and memory settings. Otherwise, looks good. Keep up the good work Chris.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Can you tell any weight difference? I suppose the CL's are a bit heavier, but I'm curious.

Also, will you be able to wire & add (mod) the memory seat position switches on your door panel?

The CL power seat feels a little heavier than the Accord power seat I think. Overall it’s more weight since it was 1 power/1 manual seat, and now it’s 2 power seats. It is nice to have a manual passenger seat in a coupe since it makes getting in and out of the back seat easier, but I never transport more than 1 person so it doesn’t bother me.

It is possible to wire up the memory seat function, but I won’t be doing that since I really only want the power and heating functions to work. Plus no one else drives my car so I don’t have much use for it. But if I did, yea I’d mod the door panel or dash and mount the CL memory seat switches.

IDK if I'm digging the tail lights. I like the look of red and clears but I hate how they either don't line up or your have overlap like you said and then that'd bug me.

Yea I thought the overlap would really bother me, but that overlap only comes into play when the turn signal is illuminating. And the LED bulb shines so brightly through the film that there is little color difference between the clear and tinted parts of the lens. Plus since it’s flashing, the eye doesn’t have much time to discern. However, if I end up adding another layer of tint to better match the center tail, then it may become more noticeable. In which case I’ll probably follow through with my original plan which was to put a strip of white plastic behind that overlap inside the housing, which I think would fix it.

Something interesting I notice about these is that the bottom area illuminates like your EDM tails, where it’s illuminating behind the reflector strips and not just above them like the OEM tails.

I've always wondered how the CL seats feel. Sounds like they're more snug. I too would like to know how you fare with the heating elements and memory settings. Otherwise, looks good. Keep up the good work Chris.

You’d probably like them. The leather feels more premium, the perf aesthetic is sporty, there is more cushioning, and the bolstering is much better. It really is a big difference, I didn’t know how noticeable it would be.

I’ll be updating about wiring them up. Unfortunately the driver side was too far back so I couldn’t put it in. I need to figure out how to power it so I can adjust it. The goal is to get power to the seat motors first. Then I’ll focus on the heating aspect. I am not good at reading wiring diagrams lol.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

The CL power seat feels a little heavier than the Accord power seat I think. Overall it’s more weight since it was 1 power/1 manual seat, and now it’s 2 power seats. It is nice to have a manual passenger seat in a coupe since it makes getting in and out of the back seat easier, but I never transport more than 1 person so it doesn’t bother me.
The weight issue is the only thing that draws me back when consider getting CL seats. ← (If it's a big difference.) I never knew that CL passenger seat needs to be folded electronically for the rear seats. I thought it can also folds down by a quick release lever like the 6gen EX coupe's driver seat.

It is possible to wire up the memory seat function, but I won’t be doing that since I really only want the power and heating functions to work. Plus no one else drives my car so I don’t have much use for it. But if I did, yea I’d mod the door panel or dash and mount the CL memory seat switches.
That's good know. (I'd be down to mod this thing, if I ever get it; I just like to drive w/ my ideal seat position, and it takes me a while to get back into that placement, after messing it up by reclining or sliding it back.) ← being a bit anal here lol.

_________

Side note: Just noticed that you went over 17,000 posts.. :roflbow:

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score

Yeah, wiring diags FTL. :boo: I could def dig perf leather though!

I love the EDMs not only for the amber but also the reflector placement. It butts up against the inside of the corner and matches with the "hockey sticks" on the strip, as I call them.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

The weight issue is the only thing that draws me back when consider getting CL seats. ← (If it's a big difference.) I never knew that CL passenger seat needs to be folded electronically for the rear seats. I thought it can also folds down by a quick release lever like the 6gen EX coupe's driver seat.

That's good know. (I'd be down to mod this thing, if I ever get it; I just like to drive w/ my ideal seat position, and it takes me a while to get back into that placement, after messing it up by reclining or sliding it back.) ← being a bit anal here lol.

It’s not that big of a weight difference, and I don’t track the car or anything so a couple extra pounds is worth it for better comfort, looks, and function. Both sides have the quick release lever and can be leaned forward manually, but to move it forward it’s electric.

It would be cool to say you have memory seats even if you don’t use them lol.

Yeah, wiring diags FTL. :boo: I could def dig perf leather though!

I love the EDMs not only for the amber but also the reflector placement. It butts up against the inside of the corner and matches with the "hockey sticks" on the strip, as I call them.

I agree that looks sweet. Way back when, someone bought a set of the clears and tinted them up with that layout. The top was amber, the bottom was red, but that reflector area you’re talking about was clear/white. It looked really good. They must have customized the housing to get the light where they wanted it to go. Wish I could find that pic to better explain.

Btw, you still looking to move on from your 6GA?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Got driver side seat in. Trying to get my hands on the factory CL wiring harness from a junkyard to power/heat these seats.

Added a couple photos of other things I've added recently too.

temporary_zps7d358f31.jpg

Last edited:
Back