I kinda tore up my car :-\ Need a little help

cliffsta

Reaction score
On my way to the club tonight, I didn't even make it out the driveway... I hung my front bumper cover on the bumper of my dad's truck (while trying not to fall off the other side of the driveway).... the cover itself doesn't look too bad but the metal tab on the passenger side is all bent to hell, so the splashguard of the wheelwell isn't held in. What do you think I can do to attach it to make the car driveable? I can't see how the splashguard is supposed to attach to the bumper cover, unless I ripped it off? I was gonna just pull the cover off and ride ricer-style but then there's nothing holding the fender splashguard in place, and the resonator box isn't really attached to anything either.

Plus, the foam crush panel kinda doesn't fit back in right, its not broke but I kinda broke off one of the styrofoam tabs... duct tape FTW.

Help me, 6GA.

PS I'll take pics in the morning when I'm less pissed about missing the club w/ my female friends and there's more daylight.

EDIT: **** it i'm too pissed / depressed to sleep (more than just the Accord) so here's crappy night shots.

fender.jpg

splashguard.jpg

splashguard2.jpg

tab.jpg

truckbumper.jpg

Last edited:

PROJECT H

Reaction score
Re: I kinda tore up my car :-\ Need help ASAP

it doenst look too bad...

take the metal bolt and stuff out... pop the bumper and splash guard back in... try to get it straight or close to straight.

then go buy some screws, washers, and nuts. haha and use that.

and Zipties! never forget those!

ccordex00

Reaction score
Re: I kinda tore up my car :-\ Need help ASAP

chill out men....look, get some touch up paint, cover the damage, take the bumper out if you have to....then let the paint dry, use some zip ties or you can go to any pepboys/kragens/autozone and get those "HELP" plastic expand bolts (just like the oem ones but not that pricey),is not that bad of a damage...if I was you, I would slap a band aid sticker (stupid hurts)...

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Zipties FTW. Until I could buy some SS bolts, I used zipties, and still have them on the bottom part of the bumper holding the plastic piece under the bumper support that attaches to the bumper.. They rock - easy on easy off!

Damage definitely isnt bad, just bend back the tab, touch it up and be careful next time! :thumbsup:

Roadrage

Reaction score
not that bad...you could do the zip tie route, or you could buy another OEM fender..but then you'd have to pant to get it painted. but id still do the zip tie trick for the time being.

cliffsta

Reaction score
Well the bumper is back on, but the fender is hosed. The metal ripped where the lip of the fender is, so the front bumper is bolted back on, but the metal is all ate to hell. I don't think I wanna buy a new fender, so I"m just gonna keep an eye out for a wrecked car and maybe jack one off of it. Also gonna buy some touchup paint for the time being.

Back