98 manual swap vss wiring

Los1652

Reaction score
ok well I have the ulev motor.. and by using many of the write ups I found on here by badger and a few others I was able to get my car running with the manual computer, and my reverse lights wired... the problem I am having is with the speedo and vtec.. I depinned D10 to C 23 like posted on here, I have the VSS wiring harness grounded, and spliced with the distributor, also like posted on here, the main problem I am having is that in badgers write up there is said to have a blue and white wire found behind the pass fuse box which I cannot find to save my life, I also pulled my cluster out and cannot locate a blue and white wire plugged into the speedo.. I have been searching and searching and I can't figure it out. I looked at the haynes manual and sure enough it does show a blue and white wire that is said to be vss.. any ideas... maybe a picture of the way its supposed to go or a drawing in crayon or somethin?!?!

low430

Reaction score
ok well I have the ulev motor.. and by using many of the write ups I found on here by badger and a few others I was able to get my car running with the manual computer, and my reverse lights wired... the problem I am having is with the speedo and vtec.. I depinned D10 to C 23 like posted on here, I have the VSS wiring harness grounded, and spliced with the distributor, also like posted on here, the main problem I am having is that in badgers write up there is said to have a blue and white wire found behind the pass fuse box which I cannot find to save my life, I also pulled my cluster out and cannot locate a blue and white wire plugged into the speedo.. I have been searching and searching and I can't figure it out. I looked at the haynes manual and sure enough it does show a blue and white wire that is said to be vss.. any ideas... maybe a picture of the way its supposed to go or a drawing in crayon or somethin?!?!

Did you get this figured out?

Los1652

Reaction score
no I pretty much stopped trying and I've been just driving the car like that.. I was hoping there were new write ups on here..its come to the point where Ive been thinking of purchasing a manual wiring harness...

toast

Reaction score
no I pretty much stopped trying and I've been just driving the car like that.. I was hoping there were new write ups on here..its come to the point where Ive been thinking of purchasing a manual wiring harness...
I have one from a 98 if your interested..

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ignore the wires behind the fuse box. I went over that part many, many times and it makes zero sense on what was going on there or what was trying to be accomplished. All I've done is depinned and repinned the signal wire, made my ground, and still need to hook up the power for the VSS.

9450erick

Reaction score
Ignore the wires behind the fuse box. I went over that part many, many times and it makes zero sense on what was going on there or what was trying to be accomplished. All I've done is depinned and repinned the signal wire, made my ground, and still need to hook up the power for the VSS.

do you hav it working
and dont to get it to power you just need to connect it to the positive terminal on the battery. or would that just blow ur speedo in the cluster.
so its just depin ground nd power easy as that

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Car isnt running yet.

Speaking english would help me understand whatever else you said.

9450erick

Reaction score
sorry about that
so its just repin from connector D(blue and white wire) to connector C #23
put the ground wire to ground and the power to the + terminal on the battery
that seems to easy
not lik turbowa write up

Drift

Reaction score
Im just going to post these her in hopes that it helps people in the future.

S84VSScircuit.jpg

C102VSScircuit.jpg

ECUVSScircuit.jpg

gaugevsscircuit.jpg

c12vsscircuit.jpg

Back