Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums > General > General Chat > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself Just registered? Come on in and introduce yourself, ask any questions you have and then feel free to browse & post in the other forums.

Register to remove these ads


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 08-15-2017, 02:58 AM
krossbreed63 krossbreed63 is offline
Junior Member
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Georgia
Age: 20
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
krossbreed63 is an unknown quantity at this point
2000 Honda Accord special edition

Hey guys my name Tj and I was introduced to Accords buy my dad from as young as I can remember, he bought a brand new Honda Accord station wagon in 1997 with every option available before I was born. forward 19 years later I turned 19 and the car has long been sold and i just bought this Accord to drive to school that is the same colour but not the same spec, it's been good so far except for the fact that I have to open every individual door manually, the key only opens which ever door it's in and the switch inside does nothing but click on both doors, I read somewhere that an aftermarket radio might cause this or the door actuators?. The car didn't come with a key fob just the key so there's no testing that.anyways she's my baby and I just can't wait to get enough money to start modifying her
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-15-2017, 08:05 AM
Sketch o5's Avatar
Sketch o5 Sketch o5 is offline
purp og


Points: 117,007, Level: 100 Points: 117,007, Level: 100 Points: 117,007, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ( . )( ' )
Posts: 22,080
Rep Power: 203
Sketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to all
Member Photo Albums
Re: 2000 Honda Accord special edition

welcome to the site!

i've never heard of problems being caused by an aftermarket radio. have you tried turning the key both ways? i believe one way locks and the other unlocks. i never really used the door lock on my old accords, so it's hard for me to remember, but i think to unlock all the doors you hold it in the unlock direction for a an extra second or two. i had aftermarket alarm systems on both of my accords, so i had a remote to unlock the doors.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-15-2017, 11:03 AM
RedRyder's Avatar
RedRyder RedRyder is offline
Be a better driver


Points: 71,655, Level: 83 Points: 71,655, Level: 83 Points: 71,655, Level: 83
Activity: 40% Activity: 40% Activity: 40%
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Fawking, OH
Posts: 19,002
Rep Power: 138
RedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit together
Member Photo Albums
Re: 2000 Honda Accord special edition

If the switch on the door is just clicking and not unlocking any of the doors, then it's possible the actuators are all dead. Surprised if they were all bad, but it happens.

As for the fob, you may be able to buy one and program it, if your car has keyless entry. If you sign up for Honda Owners Link and enter your VIN, it should tell you all the options your car has. It's free.

Welcome to the site.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-15-2017, 12:37 PM
Accordx's Avatar
Accordx Accordx is offline
Senior Member
Points: 1,470, Level: 10 Points: 1,470, Level: 10 Points: 1,470, Level: 10
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Washington, USA
Posts: 105
Rep Power: 4
Accordx is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2000 Honda Accord special edition

Welcome to the site, sounds like it's the actuators but it's odd that all of them would be shot. Had a similar issue with my coupe and a new actuator fixed it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-15-2017, 03:22 PM
T.$.Racing T.$.Racing is offline
Junior Member
Points: 357, Level: 4 Points: 357, Level: 4 Points: 357, Level: 4
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Chicago
Posts: 18
Rep Power: 0
T.$.Racing is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2000 Honda Accord special edition

Originally Posted by krossbreed63 View Post
Hey guys my name Tj and I was introduced to Accords buy my dad from as young as I can remember, he bought a brand new Honda Accord station wagon in 1997 with every option available before I was born. forward 19 years later I turned 19 and the car has long been sold and i just bought this Accord to drive to school that is the same colour but not the same spec, it's been good so far except for the fact that I have to open every individual door manually, the key only opens which ever door it's in and the switch inside does nothing but click on both doors, I read somewhere that an aftermarket radio might cause this or the door actuators?. The car didn't come with a key fob just the key so there's no testing that.anyways she's my baby and I just can't wait to get enough money to start modifying her
Welcome to the gang.

From what you're describing it sounds like the master switch (driver side door lock switch) took a ****. What happens when you try to unlock the doors using the power lock feature from the drivers side?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-15-2017, 06:52 PM
RedRyder's Avatar
RedRyder RedRyder is offline
Be a better driver


Points: 71,655, Level: 83 Points: 71,655, Level: 83 Points: 71,655, Level: 83
Activity: 40% Activity: 40% Activity: 40%
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Fawking, OH
Posts: 19,002
Rep Power: 138
RedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit together
Member Photo Albums
Re: 2000 Honda Accord special edition

What happens when you try to unlock the doors using the power lock feature from the drivers side?
Did you mean passenger side?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-15-2017, 07:24 PM
krossbreed63 krossbreed63 is offline
Junior Member
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Georgia
Age: 20
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
krossbreed63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2000 Honda Accord special edition

Originally Posted by T.$.Racing View Post
Welcome to the gang.

From what you're describing it sounds like the master switch (driver side door lock switch) took a ****. What happens when you try to unlock the doors using the power lock feature from the drivers side?
I only hear a clicking sound but nothing happens


Sent from my Vivo XL2 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-15-2017, 07:41 PM
krossbreed63 krossbreed63 is offline
Junior Member
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Georgia
Age: 20
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
krossbreed63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2000 Honda Accord special edition

Originally Posted by Sketch o5 View Post
welcome to the site!

i've never heard of problems being caused by an aftermarket radio. have you tried turning the key both ways? i believe one way locks and the other unlocks. i never really used the door lock on my old accords, so it's hard for me to remember, but i think to unlock all the doors you hold it in the unlock direction for a an extra second or two. i had aftermarket alarm systems on both of my accords, so i had a remote to unlock the doors.
I turned the key in the door and held it in the open position still nothing just clicking

Sent from my Vivo XL2 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-15-2017, 09:02 PM
T.$.Racing T.$.Racing is offline
Junior Member
Points: 357, Level: 4 Points: 357, Level: 4 Points: 357, Level: 4
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Chicago
Posts: 18
Rep Power: 0
T.$.Racing is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2000 Honda Accord special edition

Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
Did you mean passenger side?
No, I meant drivers side, but knowing if it did work via the passenger side switch would help too.

My theory was that if the drivers door switch was bad, the door locks wouldn't work period. Don't know if its just a Mopar/Jeep thing, but on my mom's Cherokee when the driver side power door lock switch went bad the power door locks didn't work period.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!



Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3