Photography Shoutbox

finch13

Reaction score
thats what it is...i should know cause i used to have one :lawl: not a great cam...good pics from it for the most part...the rest was just :ughrun:

Hey come on now... it does the same **** as an upper end camera, just not as good :lawl: But seriously, if your good with it, the only downfalls are high ISO noise and shutter lag.

ok noobs, help me out...

i want a new memory card for my camera, to obviously fit more **** on it, haha.

right now i just have this...
im thinking of going up to a 1gig size. i saw on amazon there was a used one for like $19.99+ship. new they were like $50 or something.

the number on the back of it is sdmsv-256. if you guys know of anywhere i could get the 1gig, or even bigger, for cheaper would be great.

ONE Jiggabyte?!?!

Most MS Pro Duo cards come with a MS Pro Duo -> MS Pro adapter card so they work in all cameras. They also make adapters to use a MicroSD (I have a $7 4GB SanDisk one in my phone) so you can use 2x MicroSD in a MS Pro camera. It's all flash memory and will work as long as the camera formats the card.

Option 1

MS Pro -> 2x MicroSD

MS Pro Duo -> MS Pro

4GB SanDisk MicroSD

You're gonna get raped on Memory Stick prices anywhere you go. It's only used by Sony, it's outdated, so it's just high priced everywhere. I had a Sony PnS and this was the reason I didn't get Sony again.

Your best bet is to get both adapters and the 4GB card, or go the easy way and pay the same price for a 1GB MS Pro card. Since you cam is still using Pro and not Pro Duo, I wouldn't try using two cards or a total capacity over 4GB, since it likely will flip out and sh!t the bed.

Option 2

You buy this card and I send you my MS Pro -> MS Pro Duo adapter for free, if you don't get one and I can find mine...

4GB Memory Stick Pro Duo MkII

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ONE Jiggabyte?!?!

Most MS Pro Duo cards come with a MS Pro Duo -> MS Pro adapter card so they work in all cameras. They also make adapters to use a MicroSD (I have a $7 4GB SanDisk one in my phone) so you can use 2x MicroSD in a MS Pro camera. It's all flash memory and will work as long as the camera formats the card.

Option 1

MS Pro -> 2x MicroSD

MS Pro Duo -> MS Pro

4GB SanDisk MicroSD

You're gonna get raped on Memory Stick prices anywhere you go. It's only used by Sony, it's outdated, so it's just high priced everywhere. I had a Sony PnS and this was the reason I didn't get Sony again.

Your best bet is to get both adapters and the 4GB card, or go the easy way and pay the same price for a 1GB MS Pro card. Since you cam is still using Pro and not Pro Duo, I wouldn't try using two cards or a total capacity over 4GB, since it likely will flip out and sh!t the bed.

Option 2

You buy this card and I send you my MS Pro -> MS Pro Duo adapter for free, if you don't get one and I can find mine...

4GB Memory Stick Pro Duo MkII

thanks for the help dude.

so basically i could buy this...

http://www.amazon.com/Memory-Stick-...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1239973354&sr=1-12

and then this....

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MSMT4G-M...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1239974069&sr=1-1

and the second link should be able to go into the piece in the first link, and it would work fine?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
andy, the MS DUO cards come with the adapter in the retail pack so you dont need to buy one separately. ive never seen a duo without an adapter packaged with it.

in the same vein, both microSD cards i have came with adapters too...

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the first one looks like an old/incomplete ad...wouldnt mess with it.

second one looks good

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
word

cant go wrong for $11 :)

haha. thanks brandon and ryan :thumbsup:

just ordered it, but ugh, hopefully it comes before the 26th :( tho it says it wont. beat.

Last edited:
Back