This is what happens when your CV Axle breaks (Carnage Pics Inside)

Kyle0614

Reaction score
This piece was under my car after I noticed it on the driveway from jacking it up...cleaned off the grease not sure what it is...

somethingloose.jpg

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
its part of the cv joint.

I had the same thing happen to me. I replaced both lower ball joints. and my right cv.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Definitely not a broken CV shaft that caused all the damage. The only thing that will happen when a CV shaft breaks is the car will stop moving. It looks like your lower balljoint broke.

Glad to hear you're ok though man

slowrider87

Reaction score
yeah definitely not the CV as the main culprit. balljoint sounds about right... my CV blew in my 5th gen and it just stopped moving like swollen_cu said. glad you're alright though!
nice passersby w/ iPhone ftw!

Mojeans69

Reaction score
ball joints breaking causes the tire to come off like that....it really sucks happened to a friend of mine when we just got out the club...long story short...got out at 2am signed up for AAA on my fone...car got towed through AAA at 7am

F23A1AT

Reaction score
CV joint didn't do that that is definitely a failure of the lower ball joint. GL with getting it fixed and glad your alright. :thumbup:

Fuzz

Reaction score
That is classic Lower Balljoint Failure.

This is why checking your balljoints is so important, and to change them the SECOND you get any play.

Kyle0614

Reaction score
The car just got towed, hopefully it want be to bad. Will let everyone know what the mechanic said when he looks at it. Thank you all for the replies and help. 6thgenaccord.com ftw

talontsiawd

Reaction score
The same thing happened on my old Talon. It had a ball joint recall that I was told was done, it was not, my lower ball joint separated. The only difference was I was going about 80mph in LA traffic, downhill. You are very lucky, that was the scariest time in my life so far.

Back