Sketch o5's 1999 LX sedan 5MT

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Re: Sketch o5's 99 LX Sedan 5MT

thanks guys. i like the lip...not so sure on the hood bra, haha. i like it, but i dont think ill keep it forever. the only bad thing is that it held in some wetness, which got under the clear coat because of rock chips and murdered the paint under it, haha.​

kn0x47

Reaction score

put several coats of wax on it then put the bra back on. that should help keep it from getting worse

Shadow1

Reaction score

**** passengers. they shouldnt be there in the first place, damn freeloaders.​

This is hilarious! ! Lol. Nice CG man. Love the simple look of it. The suspension and brake set up you did is basically what I was going to do. Except for the full coilovers. Lol

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score

put several coats of wax on it then put the bra back on. that should help keep it from getting worse

i would, but theres a decent sized rust spot right at the edge of the hood above the grille, so no fucks are really given about the hood or its paint at this point :lawl:

This is hilarious! ! Lol. Nice CG man. Love the simple look of it. The suspension and brake set up you did is basically what I was going to do. Except for the full coilovers. Lol

you should definitely do the full coilovers! haha. i couldnt imagine using anything other than coilovers...unless it was air, haha. the brakes were definitely an improvement over the stock i4 set up...i did them in preparation for a 5 lug swap, but ive since changed my mind on that.​

Shadow1

Reaction score

you should definitely do the full coilovers! haha. i couldnt imagine using anything other than coilovers...unless it was air, haha. the brakes were definitely an improvement over the stock i4 set up...i did them in preparation for a 5 lug swap, but ive since changed my mind on that.​

Nice. Yea. I was gonna go for the Legend GS swap but that's $200+ and that's not including the slotted rotors. That's just OEM replacements. I found some slotted rotors on tirerack.com for $70/ea. I would go on ebay but they're stuff for brakes is questionable. Lol.

Since now I know I can use the 96 prelude vtec rotors, I'm gonna go for those instead.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score

Nice. Yea. I was gonna go for the Legend GS swap but that's $200+ and that's not including the slotted rotors. That's just OEM replacements. I found some slotted rotors on tirerack.com for $70/ea. I would go on ebay but they're stuff for brakes is questionable. Lol.

Since now I know I can use the 96 prelude vtec rotors, I'm gonna go for those instead.

yeah, just make sure you get the vtec model prelude rotors, apparently they're different between prelude models...vtec needs the extra braking :lawl: you do have to at least use the accord v6 calipers with the prelude rotors though, because theyre slightly larger in diameter than the 4 cylinder rotors.

if you're looking at slotted rotors, i would suggest powerslot rotors. might be a little more than what you're looking at, but they're great. they're all i've ever used and i have no complaints.​

Last edited:

Shadow1

Reaction score

yeah, just make sure you get the vtec model prelude rotors, apparently they're different between prelude models...vtec needs the extra braking :lawl: you do have to at least use the accord v6 calipers with the prelude rotors though, because theyre slightly larger in diameter than the 4 cylinder rotors.

if you're looking at slotted rotors, i would suggest powerslot rotors. might be a little more than what you're looking at, but they're great. they're all i've ever used and i have no complaints.​

Yeah. That's what I was gonna go with. Tirerack.com has them for $70/ea. So V6 calipers and 96 vtec prelude rotors. Got it. Haha. My vtak will need extra braking too. Lol. I was driving to work and getting stuck in traffic that goes from 70 to 10 in like 2 seconds is hard on brakes. And during these braking times I can feel that the stock rotors not wanting to brake after a little bit. So I needed to up the stopping power.

And as far as the full coils go. Ill think about it. I have a custom set up I'm gonna piece together that'll cost less than coils but ill still have the height adjustability that full coils have.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
What size tires are you running in the first few pictures? The pics with the stock wheels..

stock size tires, haha...195/65/15's.

No a/c whooo you're a brave man but the car is clean....

thanks man. i always have the windows down when it's nice out, so it's not too bad when you're moving with the windows down, haha.

Back