capsidx

Reaction score
Hey, hopefully your home and ride weren't affected by the recent hurricanes. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing what kind of setup you have going on.

Keeytoeuror

Reaction score
Hey, hopefully your home and ride weren't affected by the recent hurricanes. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing what kind of setup you have going on.
Thank you bud, unfortuantley or fortunatly i did have my car ruined by hurricane maria but it was not my accord, it was my 2000 bmw e39 540i and it was totaled, I prety much believed my car would be safer at the shop i work then my jome and it was the compleate oposite, the walls crumbled down (cement walls) and smashed my front end. Insurance declared my car total loss so i picked up my new project 2000 honda accord 2.3. I ised to be a honda fan a couple years ago and kinda steped away from the local honda seen. So i guess it was fortunate i lost my bmw after all. Plans call for

Euro r front end conversion (curently trying to close a deal on one)

G23 frankie engine with usual bolt ons

Ecu reflash

Brake rebuild and upgrade

Manual transmision conversion (already purchased)

Act clutch kit

And a fresh coat of championship white paint with red interiors.

Sparco reclinables seats

I will start uploading pics next month when teardown starts.

Thank you for your welcome my freind

Last edited:

98acclude

Reaction score
Welcome! :) and it sounds like you have a nice plan! sorry about the weather there! Im glad to know that you are ok and in good spirits!

Keeytoeuror

Reaction score
Welcome! :) and it sounds like you have a nice plan! sorry about the weather there! Im glad to know that you are ok and in good spirits!
Thank very much

Plans are tall but with time and patience all is possible, i am a licenced automotive tech, mayorly deal with european cars but have our shop facility wich cuts down on the labor cost’s.

I will be documenting every step of the way and of course gathering info here with all members who are willing to contribuate with there knowlage.

If anyone can point me in the direction on how to upload pics or videos it will be of great help

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Sorry about your e39 540, I love those and almost bought a 2003 Msport last year. Decided it wasn't the best move for now, but still hope to own that or an M5 someday.

capsidx

Reaction score
Thank you bud, unfortuantley or fortunatly i did have my car ruined by hurricane maria but it was not my accord, it was my 2000 bmw e39 540i and it was totaled, I prety much believed my car would be safer at the shop i work then my jome and it was the compleate oposite, the walls crumbled down (cement walls) and smashed my front end. Insurance declared my car total loss so i picked up my new project 2000 honda accord 2.3. I ised to be a honda fan a couple years ago and kinda steped away from the local honda seen. So i guess it was fortunate i lost my bmw after all. Plans call for

Euro r front end conversion (curently trying to close a deal on one)

G23 frankie engine with usual bolt ons

Ecu reflash

Brake rebuild and upgrade

Manual transmision conversion (already purchased)

Act clutch kit

And a fresh coat of championship white paint with red interiors.

Sparco reclinables seats

I will start uploading pics next month when teardown starts.

Thank you for your welcome my freind

Manual conversion is cake when you do it the first time. I did mine like two years back. Currently running an H23a1 with ms24 manual trans. The G23, from what I hear is unreliable and usually give after about 10,000 miles or so. The problem from what I gather is the way the combustion chamber seals with the head. The head is slightly larger making little pockets on the side of the top of the cylinder. This leaves room for hotspots , which leads to detonation, which leads to a dead motor after so long.

That's what I gathered. Maybe with this advice you can kind of learn from the mistakes of past G23 failures (if any). Again, this is what I read, take it with a grain of salt but it makes sense to me and this is why I havent done it. I could have when my f23 died but I decided to just do a full motor swap. Oh and sorry about the Bmw, thats got to be painful. I always wanted a 90's M3.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Welcome. Sounds like you're planning an interesting project. You should post up some before's, during and afters. I'm always looking for ideas for my own project.

Back