FRP Replica OEM front lip review for 98-00 Accord coupes

pattywak

Reaction score
FRP is thinner and more brittle than poly u. I guess you could say it's a little more "fragile". But it looks the same and will last if you're not too low and careful parking, and it's easily mended if it is cracked/broken. Oh, and it's cheaper lol.

Oh, so it is still breakable? Damn....that's a major selling point about Polyurethane...

Raul

Reaction score
If you hit anything, even the PU lip will break. I am sure everyone here is a careful driver and mostly all of us will just scrape (if slammed). That would not damage PU or FRP lip. However, even in a minor front end collision you would lose the lip no matter PU or FRP. I hit a medium size heavy toolbox on 401 at night and it took out my OEM PU lip. I was driving only 110km/h and by the time i saw the toolbox, it was too late. Of course, I would love genuine OEM lip but they are so rare and expensive. Took me almost 3 years to find the front.

FRP is a good substitute to bring back the OEM look. The sides and rear lip should have no concern because they rarely get hit.

Raul

Reaction score
FRP is thinner and more brittle than poly u. I guess you could say it's a little more "fragile". But it looks the same and will last if you're not too low and careful parking, and it's easily mended if it is cracked/broken. Oh, and it's cheaper lol.

well said Chris!:thumbup:

pattywak

Reaction score
If you hit anything, even the PU lip will break. I am sure everyone here is a careful driver and mostly all of us will just scrape (if slammed). That would not damage PU or FRP lip. However, even in a minor front end collision you would lose the lip no matter PU or FRP. I hit a medium size heavy toolbox on 401 at night and it took out my OEM PU lip. I was driving only 110km/h and by the time i saw the toolbox, it was too late. Of course, I would love genuine OEM lip but they are so rare and expensive. Took me almost 3 years to find the front.

FRP is a good substitute to bring back the OEM look. The sides and rear lip should have no concern because they rarely get hit.
Well I don't know about a PU lip breaking. I've seen pictures of a car that has wrapped the front end around a tree, but the PU lip was just bent and still in tact. That's why I ask. Also, my PU lip was shipped to me folded up, and one I took it out of the box it resumed its normal shape. Is that possible with FRP?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Muhib,

Someone just posted up their OEM front/rear lip on here.

Timing sucks for you, but just in case.

Raul

Reaction score
Well I don't know about a PU lip breaking. I've seen pictures of a car that has wrapped the front end around a tree, but the PU lip was just bent and still in tact. That's why I ask. Also, my PU lip was shipped to me folded up, and one I took it out of the box it resumed its normal shape. Is that possible with FRP?

wow really? ahh sucks to be on the express lane, where i lost the lip. Since, there was construction, trucks were driving behind me. Ppl actually asked if I could look for the lip on the highway. But I found pieces here and there after i pulled over to left shoulder, plus it was scary and dangerous to look for the lip. I dont know if it is possible to bend FRP, could someone chime in?

you should buy the front lip on classified for 280. im poor, so i cant afford it.

Muhib,

Someone just posted up their OEM front/rear lip on here.

Timing sucks for you, but just in case.
thanks Derek, I saw the thread too. There is no way i am spending almost $300 CDN or more since i am not local. I really need to stop spending money on car:jae:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You can bend fiberglass, but it has a lower stress point so at its threshold, it will deform and the paint will show stress, and it will take a little force to return it to its original shape. Someone talked about paint "spidering" but I'm not sure how accurate that is. So basically, it's possible to bend FRP, just not as much.

Last edited:

Mr. HuMpY

Reaction score
what ever happen the seller did he stop selling or what ??? bc i cant find his stuff on ebay anymore...

man i hope he has more during the summer. i would like one.

just one question so on the FRP does it come with the rubber part on top of the lip like the OEM ones do ???

TheHunter

Reaction score
@ Pattywak... I bumped into davids car and my rear lip shattered, also lilcharlie hit a dirt bank and his front lip shattered. They're not as tough as you'd think. (Both genuine oem)

Back