Help With Trunk

99HonAccord

Reaction score
Hello 6gen members,
Well I have a question maybe someone can help me I tried to look through the threads but didn't find anything that can help me. Well I have a System in my car (99 6gen sedan), I decided to put 2 10" midwoofers on my deck, I had to cut holes on my deck etc. I had to take out the 2 thin bars that go across the trunk to hold the trunk up. In order to fit the mids in the deck i had to take them out, Now its becoming Annoying me having to hold this heavy trunk while i'm trying to get something from the trunk etc. I was thinking about putting shocks to try and hold it up i was wondering what you guys suggest and if you guys know of a DIY thread that can help me thanks guys for your time

99HonAccord

Reaction score
Yeah I can buy the shocks at any auto part store thats not the problem the problem is knowing actually where to mount then to i dont want to bolt or weld to have to keep taking it out and trying again. here are some pics of what it looks like if theres any other angels you guys need pics of just let me know.

http://flic.kr/p/8VbVq3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55806313@N07/5196403402/

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
mike (lashlee on here) is the only one who i'm aware of who has converted the trunk to struts. should be the same procedure as adding them to the hood...your only solution is bolting/welding...theres just no other way to do it, short of carrying a 2x4 in the trunk.

btw, your pics are marked as private...

99HonAccord

Reaction score
mike (lashlee on here) is the only one who i'm aware of who has converted the trunk to struts. should be the same procedure as adding them to the hood...your only solution is bolting/welding...theres just no other way to do it, short of carrying a 2x4 in the trunk.

btw, your pics are marked as private...

Alright thank you i'll see if i talk to him and i fixed the link

Back