DIY Coilover help

chriskarel

Reaction score
Hey I got my FF Type I coilovers in today, and the instructions are kind of vague. I'm going to follow my Haynes Repair Manual to remove the old shocks/struts, but I basically have no clue about coilovers. It said to install, then adjust the height to how I want it, and to use the lower collar to do so.

Ok, so then whats up with the top 2 collars? If I move the bottom collar up a little, do I have to move the top 2 collars up the same amount?

I would also love to know what a pre-load is. It says if I alter it, I void the warranty, so I don't want to do that.

If this is redundant I'm sorry, but a search didn't turn up what I am looking for.

Thanks.

hirichard

Reaction score
2581fk8.jpg

chriskarel

Reaction score
so, one would think, with the Haynes manual and that cute picture up there, I will be fine?

sabSquishy

Reaction score
Spray PB blaster on all the bolts the night before and let it soak in. This will cut your labor time in half. WD-40 works but not as well. Get it into every crevice you can imagine. Use a cheater bar. Especially if you haven't touched down there in a while. Be prepared to get frustrated at stuck/rusted bolts. Don't strip anything or your life will be hell.

Narftastic

Reaction score
Wow i was going to ask the same question... So when you want to adjust the height u have to jack the car up rite?

Back