DIY:Suspension bump stop for Control arm slap

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Not sure if 6thgens have same issue,But I installed some J-Power front ball joint camber kit on my 8th gen Sedan.Slammed causing the ball joints to hit the strut tower making a very annoying ride!

Here is my $13.68(tax and shipped)fix.

Ordered a pair of Energy Suspension: Bump stops-1"tall,2" Diameter.Black in color.-(has variety of size and colors(red)
ENS-9-9116G =$7.95 for a box(pair) from Summit Racing
bumpstop3_zpsfe58e7d3.jpeg

bumpstop5_zpsbd3298ef.jpg

bumpstop_zpsc1d1c733.jpg

1)Drill 3/8" hole in strut tower where ball joint is hitting.
2)Remove wheel,Insert Bump stop,Tighten bolt.
bumpstop2_zps720d355c.jpeg

bumpstop1_zpsbe6c08ba.jpeg

3)Done-Tighten wheel and enjoy quiet and extra firm ride!

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Check again,I inserted the wrong link 1st attempt. IMG uploaded

LeAccord

Reaction score
So this supposedly will dampen the ball joint (uca) that tends to hit the strut tower? That'll mean (for most people) that the uca pretty much sits on that bump stop giving no travel.
How does it feel when going over bumps and such? I may do this if there really is no compromise otherwise I'd just cut the strut towers and fab up a cover..

Nice diy though.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Its bouncy on full hard setting.I cranked my coils to soft and then it rode fine. Im probably going to take them off and shave them shorter a little bit. But remember I have front camber kit-it sits about 4" higher than stock ball joint =1" below strut tower.
So if you decide to do it,just order a shorter version mine was 1" tall.
If you have stock ball joints then this will just give an extra damper and wheel control on large bumps.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
So this supposedly will dampen the ball joint (uca) that tends to hit the strut tower? That'll mean (for most people) that the uca pretty much sits on that bump stop giving no travel.
How does it feel when going over bumps and such? I may do this if there really is no compromise otherwise I'd just cut the strut towers and fab up a cover..

Nice diy though.

+1

That would give my suspension no travel @ all, so basically that lil bump stop would b the suspension? Not a good idea 4 any 1 that's LOW.:doh:

cyen008

Reaction score
definitely get the low profile, i had the inch it felt like it was raising my car up, returning the inch one and ordering the low profile bump stop

4door accord02

Reaction score
How much of a difference did this make with the 6thgens?? I'm thinking of buy the bumps stop that's less than an inch...?

Back