What Mods could void your warranty???

6THGEN_AI4

When I purshased my car I bought an Extended Warranty that will cover it for 5 years. I haven't done lots of modifications to the car, just black housing headlights and rims. The suspension is stock, the engine is stock 100% as well not even a CAI. The problems is that I wanna take the car to the dealer to have them adjust my valves cuz they're tickling loud when I start the car, and also check the tranny cuz is doing a little weird shifting when is cold.

1. If I go to the dealer with rims and all, will my warranty be void just for have 'em on.

2. Can they blame my rims for the tranny shiftings or the valves tickling.

My main concern is the rims/tires (they are 215/45/17's), because when I had my tranny replaced like a year ago the car had ebay proyectors and HID's but I had no rims back then. I still have my stillies but I'm lazy and don't wanna put 'em on.

I know some of you work or had work in honda dealerships,
Please help me out or gimme your suggestions.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
rims will NOT viod warranties.. only mechanical stuff like turbo, sc, CAI (if u get hydrolocked for the most part), etc... they basically find some sort of mod to shift the blame to so thtt hey can get out of the warranty thingy... so, if u installed something tht's simple to take in and out, like a CAI, u can always put the stock one back

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, nothing you have on your car right now can void a warrenty. if you lower it or put on some performance stuff, then those parts' warrenties will get voided.

6THGEN_AI4

DarkSideAccord said:
rims will NOT viod warranties.. only mechanical stuff like turbo, sc, CAI (if u get hydrolocked for the most part), etc... they basically find some sort of mod to shift the blame to so thtt hey can get out of the warranty thingy... so, if u installed something tht's simple to take in and out, like a CAI, u can always put the stock one back

I've heard of ppl getting their warranty void for putting 20"s.

Neight

Reaction score
well I'm pretty sure a prelude shifter assmebly mod will void all tranny warranties.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
It's really up to the dealer. I had to pay for diagnostics on an idle problem because i had a turbo timer in my talon. They don't like to tell you before had. And you can't do much unless you don't need your car back. Rims could defineatly void your warrenty with that size but only if you had suspension issues. It's up to the dealer in the end. But they are pretty hard pressed to not adjust your vavles, or charge you for it because of black headlights or rims. No way that will happen. Tranny, maybe but i would doubt it. Highly at that. If in doubt, take the 10 min to put your stockers on.

I will say that different dealers are far worse than others. Some will rape you, some don't care. This is with my talon, my honda hopefully will never take a trip there. I personally think it's total bull**** that they can work on your car and then blame it on parts in retrospect, once they did the work. Instead of telling you upfront. I think you are cool though.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
might as well take your rims off because they may say that they are too heavy for your tranny to handle

amoungst these reasons as well

1. they could curb your rims up and say they were allready like that
2. its not hard to remove the rims and go back to stock
3. someone could easily drive up and jack your rims if your car sits outside in the lot
4. I am shure someone can think of annother reason why too

6THGEN_AI4

Thanks guys I got your points...
Yeah I would put the stockies back on its better not to take the risk. and as long for the black housings I don't think it matters cuz as I stated before I used to have egay projectors when the tranny was replace.

Also I wanna do this check before I done my suspension.:D

Back