Running amp wires

CokeZero

Reaction score
(4 door sedan)

So this morning I was running amp wires and couldn't really find a good place to run them from in the cabin into the trunk. I ended up pulling the top of the seat down and drilling close by the speaker, It was a pain in the *** fishing them through.

I had to head to work and didn't get to finish. I still need to run the RCA's down the other side and was wondering if anyone knows a better way to get them into the trunk?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
in both of my accords, i ran the wires down the drivers side, between the carpet and the side of the car, then under the rear seat bottom and under the seat back and into the trunk.

CokeZero

Reaction score
I was in a hurry and had a drill just chilling beside me. I didn't even think to remove the seat.

I have the RCA's going down the driver side under the carpet and between the seat back (its hard to fish those through the seat back! or maybe I just have fat fingers... lol)

I'm going to have to go back and reroute the power and remote wire that runs along the passenger side to go under the seat as well.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
I run mine down the center of the car and it comes up under the rear seats.

And also if your having a problem fishing the wires thru use a industrial ziptie it helps pull them in all at once.

schmiddr2

Reaction score
It is difficult to pull wires into the trunk and the metal is fairly sharp on the edges. I'm sure there is a better way but that is what I did also. I have run them down the center console before too, but the console doesn't fit right with a bunch of fat cables under it. Either way, it's not rocket science and you should be fine however you do it as long as the wire is fused or for RCA's they are not going to get cut into so much that it shorts out.

If you drilled a hole they sell rubber grommets are auto parts stores that should fit and protect the wire from the sharp metal edges.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
don't forget a fuse!

Burning_car_stock_1_by_Tigg_stock.jpg

xci.ed6

Reaction score
yeah, I only had one car per year I had to extinguish because of wiring prob as a firefighter in bum*** nowhere.

Back