S2000 clutch master cylinder conversion

732xghost

Reaction score
This was something i had planned for my H22 CL but never got around to it. I searched on this site and havent seen anyone try this out. I want to convert to an S2000 clutch master cylinder. I plan on replacing my clutch with an Exedy or Competition Stage 1 and a Fidanza Flywheel. I wanted to do an entire overhaul so a SMC and a CMC replacement are part of that.

Has anyone done this conversion before? If so has anyone had issues with the rod length of the CMC (clutch master cylinder)? I would like to buy the rywire kit. I will email him to find out if he knows how the CMC will fit in our chassis. The kit is offered for the Prelude and Accord chassis but i'm sure that is for the older gens.

http://www.rywire.com/s2000-clutch-master-cylinder-kit-p/clutch-master-s2k-kit.htm

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Master moves a specific volume, to move the slave a specific amount. Messing with diameter does mess with 'leverage' but you must calculate volume by length to understand what will happen.

Even pedal leverage affects this, so why would a s2k sub-part make it faster?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
well, then,

(π = pi, r =radius, l =length)
πr2 x l = volume

do that for volume, of both, and what's the l of both, and what is the clutch pedal length/position

Jordan_H

Reaction score
To find find volume of a cylinder you find the area of the circle pi•r^2 and multiply that by the height of the cylinder

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see before that you had squared the radius

Last edited:

Trouble01

Reaction score
I tried it on my car. The fit was not right and hardly fit where the CMC will need to be. I went with the 98 Honda Civic Clutch Master Cylinder.

Back