got noise? a must-read

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
http://www.termpro.com/articles/noise.html

got alternator whine, turn on/off thump, hissing, or suspect ground loop interference? check that article out.

included are the 10 commandments of a noise-free install in addition to trouble-shooting hints. dont worry...its easy to comprehend and not overly-technical.

hope this helps someone...cause i have all the issues except ignition noise :tumbleweed: going to use this guide to fix em.

sticky?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
thank you, gentlemen :D

my to-do list for today...err right now is:

route power wire away from ecu (never got around to moving it UP)
secure power wire in engine bay (after power wire slack is scooted forward)
check for antenna noise (i've only had whine since i put the front amp(s) in i THINK...was running off the headunit for the first 8 months i had the car but can't remember for sure).
ground head unit to chassis (just because it should be)
re-route L speaker wire (its next to the power wire, although i understand speaker wire doesn't induce noise. so just for good measure).

basically stuff thats been bothering me for 3 years that i never could isolate to one thing, so it's all getting done. my a/c causes the alternator whine to triple in volume. what was negligible at higher volume with the a/c off is ridiculous with the a/c on so that's getting fixed today.

Last edited:

PaulD

Reaction score
Author: Wayne Harris (Click HERE to view more articles by Wayne Harris.)
Originally appeared in the March/April 1989 issue of Car Stereo Review magazine.

Some of this has proven to be false but still a good read, especially for a noob

Back