Wheel alignment needed?

SpiKeZ

Reaction score
On Saturday my dad and I changed the front two struts on my sister's 02 civic. After we put the new struts on and after a test drive, I realized that the car goes straight but the steering wheel is slanted. The car doesn't pull to the left or right so I doubt the toe settings have been changed. I don't believe I made adjustments to the steering rods either.. does anyone know why this happened?
Is there a quick fix to it?

The only drastic thing I did that involved the steering links was that we tried using some plumbing pullers to remove the strut from the ball joint thread. In the end we went to autozone to rent a ball joint seperator and got the job done. Other than that we didn't turn anything.

P.S. the struts were changed to replace stock ones which both broke after hitting a deep pothole.

MikeyMike

Reaction score
anytime u chnge a major part of a susp u should allign it, its a natural thing that happens to the steering wheel if you dont lock it in place......
wait a couple days tho, let the springs settle into the new struts and then get it done

SpiKeZ

Reaction score
yea its been a few days already so i think im going to bring it for an alignment tomorrow. it just doesnt seem to make sense that the position can be changed a lot (about 35 degrees) from a direct drop in of the struts. i would understand it if we only changed one side but it just seems a little weird to me. hopefully the alignment should fix it..thanks for the help! ill post back if it doesnt get fixed :skurred:

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Yeah I had that problem with my car too. It was funny how I had to keep the steering wheel slanted to go straight. An alignment did the trick.

Back