Derek's 2002 Coupe EX (5MT)

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
No worries and I wish you best of luck, I completely understand having to wait because of the cost for repairs/part.

It's still odd to think that it is "engaging higher after driving a while" cause clutch peddles don't just change travel on their own unless the jam nut was not tighten properly and the shaft was spinning within peddle connector in which the shaft screws into.
I've never heard of anyone cutting the CMC rod to shorten it other then using the spindle/nut adjustment that is already provided.

Just wanting to help you best I can but at this point I want to drive the car myself just so I can experience such a phenomenon and have a good laugh :henry:

phi1542

Reaction score
No worries and I wish you best of luck, I completely understand having to wait because of the cost for repairs/part.

It's still odd to think that it is "engaging higher after driving a while" cause clutch peddles don't just change travel on their own unless the jam nut was not tighten properly and the shaft was spinning within peddle connector in which the shaft screws into.

I've never heard of anyone cutting the CMC rod to shorten it other then using the spindle/nut adjustment that is already provided.

Just wanting to help you best I can but at this point I want to drive the car myself just so I can experience such a phenomenon and have a good laugh :henry:

Yeah that's what I'm saying! If the rod was too long like he said it would just be all the way up all the time. Well that's how it was at the beginning. Then it just started being all the way to the ground then going up hella high after driving. It doesn't make sense. I'm always unlucky with cars and stuff that happens to no one else happens to me all the time. I'm not even surprised anymore haha I'm just going to go with OEM this time because I know it will fit perfect. Since he has to cut the CSC rid do I have to replace it too to match the CMC? I don't think so right? Because it was too long to begin with so now it's all good.

I was quoted like 340 to replace the CMC. Is that too much??? Maybe could be less if I provide the part and order from majestic Honda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phi1542

Reaction score

I've seen that before I got it replaced. Looked like a huge pain that's why I paid someone to do it LOL lesson learned only trust a true mechanic.... I might just have to try it myself though because labor costs is a lot for the CMC

I hope I never have to mount mine on the firewall again. That was the biggest pain

Looks like it. I'm not very good working in tight spots. I get mad way too fast but I might just take the L and try it lol is it a difficult task or just a huge PITA?

phi1542

Reaction score
Re: phi1542's 02 Coupe 5-Speed

Fits nicely... I like the other brace you have it looks good. I broke a stud on my old tl bar it was the ones that go under the wipers. Clean and paint that damn valve cover!!!!

Hey I took your advice...

4b69cd2df7b1b5f5a87ba5c169a5efbb.jpg

DBO867

Reaction score
Re: phi1542's 02 Coupe 5-Speed

Hey I took your advice...

4b69cd2df7b1b5f5a87ba5c169a5efbb.jpg

Valve cover looks super clean. Cant help it but everytime i see your avatar, i just wanna laugh because its Saitama and then scroll down, its Vicki Li. Both things i like haha

phi1542

Reaction score
Valve cover looks super clean. Cant help it but everytime i see your avatar, i just wanna laugh because its Saitama and then scroll down, its Vicki Li. Both things i like haha

Thanks! I used this powder coating service on eBay. I don't like that I have ULEV on my valve cover so I was looking on eBay for a new regular valve cover and found this service. I could buy it a new cover and they will powder coat it for me. I'm disappointed in the color. I thought it would be a lighter blue similar to this:
9116c211d65c8103028259fbe2b3ff19.jpg

This is the color swatch. Doesn't it look lighter? Or am I blind....
7659b335ab41d08a9b4734db2041293f.jpeg

But it was my fault for not asking for more pictures of that color so I can't really complain to them. But what do you guys think of the color? Interesting but not bad lol I wanted a lighter real this turned out to be darker teal... sigh. If I would've known I would've went with this awesome glossy violet purple they had. UGHHHH. Regrets.

And LOL thanks man! I'm still waiting for season 2..... Vicki Li is so hot..... *drool*

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Looks like it. I'm not very good working in tight spots. I get mad way too fast but I might just take the L and try it lol is it a difficult task or just a huge PITA?

It's not the hardest thing to do. It's just getting the thing in the correct spot to just barely make it fit. It's just very tedious and I don't do well with that stuff lol

DBO867

Reaction score
Thanks! I used this powder coating service on eBay. I don't like that I have ULEV on my valve cover so I was looking on eBay for a new regular valve cover and found this service. I could buy it a new cover and they will powder coat it for me. I'm disappointed in the color. I thought it would be a lighter blue similar to this:
9116c211d65c8103028259fbe2b3ff19.jpg

This is the color swatch. Doesn't it look lighter? Or am I blind....
7659b335ab41d08a9b4734db2041293f.jpeg

But it was my fault for not asking for more pictures of that color so I can't really complain to them. But what do you guys think of the color? Interesting but not bad lol I wanted a lighter real this turned out to be darker teal... sigh. If I would've known I would've went with this awesome glossy violet purple they had. UGHHHH. Regrets.

And LOL thanks man! I'm still waiting for season 2..... Vicki Li is so hot..... *drool*

The color sample actually looks darker to me, alot darker than how your cover came out

Back