Used GoodYear Eagle LS-2 worth it?

l34merik

Reaction score
Hey guys, I really want to upgrade to 17" RSX-s wheels or 17" TL wheels and saw an ad on craigslist for a set of:

GoodYear Eagle LS-2 P235/45R17 tires for $150
but here's the page from tirerack:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+LS-2

The reviews are horrible! Would it be ok to buy these and use them temporarily with the TL wheels? I do plan on getting ground controls, maybe koni yellows, and TL rear sway bar around the same time as new wheels so I'm afraid that these crappy tires will lose grip on me when I'm testing out my new suspension.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
IF the tire reviews are horrible, than why would you you need to ask us to even get them.. Just spend the extra money and get your tires brand new.

And seriously, was there any need for this thread?

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
150 for all 4 tires? sure that's cheap but then again cheaping out on tires isn't a good idea

Last edited:

LCPLPunk

Reaction score
I have those on my Impala and they are okay tires. If they are only $150 for 4 I would grab them.

finch13

Reaction score
I wouldn't get used tires larger than 16"... the risk of belt shifting is too high on low pros, you'll probably get a nasty vibration.

Dunlop Sport Signature SP2's aren't that expensive and probably come in that size... less than $400 probably.

Buy wheels first, then buy the tires. Save up for some decent tires with a warranty, we've all seen what happens when people get impatient, buy something cheap, and then end up spending more money because the cheap stuff fails.

l34merik

Reaction score
Ok I guess it's almost unanimous that getting these tires would be a bad idea. I'll probably just wait til I get either of the wheels first then buy tires cause sometimes people might sell both at the same time.

Spend more the first time instead of buying over and over. Yea I guess I should remember that more. There are a lot of things I brought or done to my car that I had to redo because I didn't like it later but just wanted something in the first place (Sony Subs for ex).

finch13

Reaction score
^ Amen. I'm sure all of us have done that at one point, I've done it multiple times.

I'd just get new tires and try to buy wheels with no tires. I've gotten screwed over twice buying wheels with tires on them. First set had less tread than advertised, second set were POS Nexen N3000 with sidewall bulges that I had to throw away. Both times, I ended up paying more for wheels with tires, then had to drop another $500 or more on a new set of tires.

Back