The H.I.D. Guide

Toyojake

Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect but I'm really thinking of doing this too, I have terrible vision espescially at night. Always have to pull over in bad rain/fog. One question popping into my brain... the high beam low beam status. So when only the lows are on, just the main bulb is lit up in the middle. With the highs on both are lit up simultaniously right? So would I put an HID kit in the low reflector and leave the highs alone? put 2 hid kits in? bi-xenon kits?

Plutonium Jones

Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect but I'm really thinking of doing this too, I have terrible vision espescially at night. Always have to pull over in bad rain/fog. One question popping into my brain... the high beam low beam status. So when only the lows are on, just the main bulb is lit up in the middle. With the highs on both are lit up simultaniously right? So would I put an HID kit in the low reflector and leave the highs alone? put 2 hid kits in? bi-xenon kits?

youre right, both lights come on when high beams are on.

from what i understand, putting HIDs in high beams is not the best idea since high beams need to come on and off in a fraction of a second, while HIDs need to warm up for a second or 4 to get to full luminescence and dont need to consistently come on and off as often as high beams. your low beams can suffer a bit of warm up time since your gonna keep them on for a while and wont be coming off so often either.

what ive seen be suggested for high beams (even with HID lows) is to get some high quality halogen light bulbs (ive heard good things about SilverStars)

and i believe bi-xenon kits are for cars that have hi/low in one bulb (nissan sentra se-r 2001 is a specific model i remember for reference). however, we have the tech and knowledge at our disposal to make it possible for our cars. (not sure how or if its worth it o___o)

btw...if you have bad vision at night, HIDs will help but try not to venture past 4k because of rain/fog or install some fog lights.

Last edited:

Toyojake

Reaction score
Thanks. That answers my question. I was just wondering about the low beams being "better" than the highs. I do plan on fogs at some point. Only been able to find a set on ebay for 225ish. I plan on 3k hid for the fogs.

g22aOnBoost343

Reaction score
nice thread :ughrun: i've got hids already but i'm gettin hids in my fogs now >=) i'm gettin the temperature that looks white but its yellow on the floor:icon_axe:

Chicago's 6th

Reaction score
does anyone know where to get those ion headligts from? if you do can you please message me, and if you want to sell yours, please message me too! thanks

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^I would make a WTB thread. No one makes these anymore and the only way you'll acquire a set is from someone who is selling theirs. Good luck.

Kaskiat

Reaction score
I have done some searching on this, but do HID's produce more heat than halogen? I got some projector lights from k2motors but they say "HID not allowed" I have been told that HID's will melt the housing. Searching it up and nobody agrees if they are hotter or not. So would it be ok to throw them in?

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
I have done some searching on this, but do HID's produce more heat than halogen? I got some projector lights from k2motors but they say "HID not allowed" I have been told that HID's will melt the housing. Searching it up and nobody agrees if they are hotter or not. So would it be ok to throw them in?

hmm

Back