LED DIY: AC Controls

black95gsr

Reaction score
PHP:
YAY! So much prettier. Here's a full shot with LED, filter-less clock and LED, filter-less AC controls...

310419_10150364673066463_561646462_8713732_1718471397_n.jpg

And dont worry, the orange little lights still light up orange, too.

383589_10150364673566463_561646462_8713734_116840199_n.jpg

great job man. i did mine in my 99 a few months ago and it turned out great, i did all white to, one thing I noticed bout your's though is see how the ditigal part of the climate control still has that blue tint to it compared to all the buttons that light white, just so everyone know's there is a factory blue film strip to under the screen, that if your very carefal the screen does pop up and you can pull the strip out, same goes for the clock screen, and the odometer screen. I will post up some pics of mine when I get my car back from the body shop this weekend to show you guys that mine lights all white.

I'm very satified with the conversion and it really doesn't take that long, the nail polish remover does work, but not only did I do the climate control, I did do the insturment cluster and every light in the car. The longest part and the most time consuming is the gauge cluster, when I did it, nail polish remover was taking forever and not getting all the blue film off the back of the gauge faces, I found worked the best was a Qtip and some laqer thinner, seem to take it all off pretty quick, and I'm very impressed with the results. I will post some pics this week of the results when I get the car back.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. btw this is a great write up, explains every part, minus the strip under the screen

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
And you're in MO, too!

Looks awesome dude. 1) I didnt know there was a film under the AC screen. 2) If you check my clock DIY I did remove that one.

And TBH, I dont like how the clock looks but i absolutely LOVE the way the AC screen looks. It's almost pure white with just a hint of blue. My clock looks like the radio only crisper. If that makes sense lol. I mean, look at the pics. The screen is obviously bluer than the clock. Im just frustrated they didnt turn out the same way. I left the filter in my clock and it was that ugly green. :(

Id love to see pics of the rest of your setup. Im working on doing the CC and sunroof buttons next so that tip on the lacquer thinner will help.

4door accord02

Reaction score
nice work on the leds!!! But i Haven seen any manual led hvac setups yet? any body have any pics of the manual hvac setups?

Mikey

Reaction score
I dont have one, obviously, so I cant do one at the moment. From what Ive seen of the diagrams on Majestic's site, there's only like 4 bulbs; 3 of one size and one of another size. I could be wrong though. If I come across one, Ill pick it up and do a DIY for it.

black95gsr

Reaction score
And you're in MO, too!

Looks awesome dude. 1) I didnt know there was a film under the AC screen. 2) If you check my clock DIY I did remove that one.

And TBH, I dont like how the clock looks but i absolutely LOVE the way the AC screen looks. It's almost pure white with just a hint of blue. My clock looks like the radio only crisper. If that makes sense lol. I mean, look at the pics. The screen is obviously bluer than the clock. Im just frustrated they didnt turn out the same way. I left the filter in my clock and it was that ugly green. :(

Id love to see pics of the rest of your setup. Im working on doing the CC and sunroof buttons next so that tip on the lacquer thinner will help.

Where at in MO do you live? And the issue with the clock matching, I have the same issue, so the only solution I can think of is to soder another one in there if there's room, I dont remember, lol, but I couldn't stand it. so I just removed the bulb, bc I really don't need to see it because theres a clock on my aftermarket radio. But I'm getting ready to do the whole conversion on the extra 01-02 perfect climate control that I have, that I plan on putting up forsale, as a converted one to leds, that way it save someone the time, that way they can just install. Since I have a **** ton of white leds left over, because I ordered in bulk. lol

Did you just remove the strip today? or when you did the conversion, because than it should be pure white like mine with no hint of blue, if it has a hint of blue than, you received the wrong color? Where did you order your leds? because that could be the solution to the hint off blue

Mikey

Reaction score
Im in Columbia, lol.

I left the filter strip on the AC screen. I like the way it looks so I'll probably leave it on. I wanna mess with the clock some more and see if I cant find some way of getting it to better match the AC. If not then....oh well, lol.

I might mess with it tomorrow and if I get any different results Ill be sure to post pics.

black95gsr

Reaction score
Here's the pics of my cluster, and climate control. Sorry if there blurry, because I took it with my phone, and its blurry because of how bright they are. There pure white.

IMG-20111217-00133.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG-20111217-00132.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG-20111217-00130.jpg
[/IMG]

Blackberries suck at pics btw

Back