FX35 Retrofit slowly in progress, LOTS of pics

st3b0

Reaction score
Also, I don't think you should blackhouse these. Your car looks amazing. Like it should look leaving the factory so i think an OEM retrofit would be best!

JV6

Reaction score
To glue the shroud on to the projector and to seal the back-end of things i use something called automotive goop, I also used the tiniest screw one can think that exists and used it to screw the shroud to the reflector bucket from the top(just some added security to the goop). I stayed away from things such ad JB Weld since i read and heard they it tends to crack during the cold. I added the goop to the back-end and then used some silicone tape to form the shape on how i wanted the goop to dry. The next day i took the tape off and the goop was in the desired shape. From the back i also used this aluminum tape i found at Home Depot that had some sort of grey rubbery sticky part on the inside(not just simple aluminum tape). Lastly i used normal all weather silicone and rubbed it all over the back part of the aluminum tape as an extra layer of protection.

Automotive goop
41VbDrYVXwL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Also, i'm not sure if you can take your projectors apart, but if you can...paint the cutoff shield from the front a color you like. Then when looking at the projector from certain angles it'll appear as if it glows that color.

oh thanks a lot man, I will definitely try that product out when im sealing up!

Also, I don't think you should blackhouse these. Your car looks amazing. Like it should look leaving the factory so i think an OEM retrofit would be best!

I was looking at my headlight with projector in it, i might just keep it oem look now lol

I love it!! :boink:

:wub:

Here's how it looks like for now, i haven't sealed it up yet due to waiting on shrouds. The lens could use some work aswell.

nxwa55.jpg

Vlad02coupe

Reaction score
Blackhouse those things for sure man. I would even paint the silver casing that holds the lens. But other than that great job so far.

crossfire

Reaction score
Can you take a picture of the back of the headlight? I am interested in know how far out the back the projector sticks out.

Back