FX35 Retrofit slowly in progress, LOTS of pics

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Do you have a picture of the back of the headlight after it is put together with the housing, reflector bucket and lens? Please let me know!

Also a good sealant which I have used in the past is Rubber Butyl Tape, closest thing to the OEM sealant which I have found, except it's softer than the OEM sealant at room temperatures. Easier to work with, and seals JUST as well.

JV6

Reaction score
Yup here's back shot of it now, I re-adjusted the projector again to straighten it out.

1zpmu77.jpg

AFAccord

Reaction score
Yup here's back shot of it now, I re-adjusted the projector again to straighten it out.

1zpmu77.jpg

greenberg_yikes_oct07.jpg

That projector is huge brah... I like the recessed look from the front, but not at the expense of cutting the back.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Hmm...yeah, i would look for something to try and cover that gaping hole as much as possible....not even sure what you could use, but that is a pretty significant chunk cut out.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Hmm...yeah, i would look for something to try and cover that gaping hole as much as possible....not even sure what you could use, but that is a pretty significant chunk cut out.

Automotive goop + fiber tape to keep things in place from dripping (let it dry) and can follow by adding all weather silicone and/or butyl tape and a last layer of aluminium vent duct tape. Allows it to be movable very slightly if need be when adjusted and sealed.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I was wondering if some type of fibreglass product could be used. The projector housing gets hot, so just have to keep that in mind when sealing up the back.

hks_tuned

Reaction score
this might be a noob question but yeah. what did you use to cut the reflector and the back housing of the headlight?

Back