DIY TL A Spec side skirts on 6th gen sedan....

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Somewhere a 2G TL owner in need of this kit weeps haha.

Nice work so far, definitely document how you attach the end of the skirt back on, as well as anything you do to get the skirt to fit better otherwise. This could be a good guide for someone.

Its funny you say that my buddy wanted the whole kit for his TL, I told him skirts were not fore sale. LOL

Here's progress on the end caps also 1 of 2 mounts that do not line up. I'm not to worried about the 2nd one ill show where it is soon.
I will also be reinforcing this from the rear and will show how to do so after I remove the skirts for prep and paint.

First the mount, I wanted this to fit because I was gluing in end caps and wanted to sit properly.

Its the rear mount

New hole and painted sorry pic suxs

On to the end cap
Step 1
Mix an equal amount of each tube (used a beer can LOL) and apply it onto both parts and stick them together, this stuff cures in 30 mins and is sand able.

Step 2
Sand down first layer and apply 2nd layer to fill what was missed. Make sure you get in the grooves so new layer bonds properly.

2nd layer sanding

With wheel on.

I had to leave off there it took a lot longer than expected plus I gotta work in 2hrs. It still needs to be sanded a bit then filled and primed. I will post more as I got, hope this helps you who need it.

Last edited:

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Got the passanger end cap in, just waiting on my bro to bring the proper finishing putty. Still needs some sanding it was getting dark so I packed it in.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
You should paint your car Aegean Blue Pearl :D

Paint is still undecided, I didn't really want to to change color because I don't want to get into door jams and inner of trunk and hood. For now all lip kit plus front and rear bumpers will get an OEM spray just to match up for the show I'm in, hood and wing will remain satin black. As for color (when we do whole car) we were thinking using the oem green with like a copper or gold pearl. I'm not totally sure yet I just can't bloody wait to see the paint on it.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
:slap:

one does not cover the almighty DEP.

Sure, if you're into that sort of thing. :lawl:

Paint is still undecided, I didn't really want to to change color because I don't want to get into door jams and inner of trunk and hood. For now all lip kit plus front and rear bumpers will get an OEM spray just to match up for the show I'm in, hood and wing will remain satin black. As for color (when we do whole car) we were thinking using the oem green with like a copper or gold pearl. I'm not totally sure yet I just can't bloody wait to see the paint on it.

I hear you. If I ever get my car resprayed I'd like to go another route, but it drastically changes things when you get into door jambs and other innards. I can't wait to see your entire car repainted, that hood especially.

Back