Enne's 1998 Chevy Camaro coupe 3.8 L - Harlock

Enne

Reaction score
that's not too bad of a deal! i still wouldn't want to deal with pa inspection though, they're too thorough haha.
Eh, not if you have a good shop that you trust. And I'm not talking about lick and stick places. I've never had a car fail anything, most I ever got was a stern "Your rear drums aren't going to last until next inspection".

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I'd be the guy spending a few hundred or whatever every inspection to pay someone to look the other way. :ehcapt:

Glad I don't have to deal with e-check nonsense where I live.

Enne

Reaction score
I'd be the guy spending a few hundred or whatever every inspection to pay someone to look the other way. :ehcapt:
Hehe. Funny I call this car the old pirate, but he's 100% legal in every way ;) There is a reason that I chose the V6 and why I am keeping it stock. Driving my dad's Z... It turns me into a raging moron with too much horsepower under my control. I would have to meditate under some waterfalls before I could daily a car like that.

I keep all of my cars stock with maybe one or two cosmetic upgrades or small modifications (with Harlock it's the green gauge cluster bulbs and I guess the wing). Same with the Accord, just a regular car that isn't riced out or a wreck on wheels. It's nice coming here to 6GA and seeing other cars that aren't either of those too.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I keep all of my cars stock with maybe one or two cosmetic upgrades or small modifications (with Harlock it's the green gauge cluster bulbs and I guess the wing). Same with the Accord, just a regular car that isn't riced out or a wreck on wheels. It's nice coming here to 6GA and seeing other cars that aren't either of those too.

Yeah, I'm kind of like that as well, but then I may change the rims out for something else too. My 99 Accord has non-stock rims on it, and a Magnaflow cat and cat back exhaust, but is otherwise completely stock. Yes I've replaced some bits here and there, but it was because it was needed. My 06 Chevy pick up got a Magnaflow cat back (single in, dual out) exhaust on an otherwise completely stock V6 truck. I need to fix the big hood dent (from hitting a turkey) and replace the bug guard (same reason), but I haven't had time to do so yet.
My wife's Accord is completely stock though. Can't say the same about our classic air cooled VW's, as they've had a few things done to them over the years. They've both been slightly lowered, but not slammed, run custom rims, and custom interiors. Granted those changes happened years ago, and took years to complete (limited funds). ;)

Enne

Reaction score
My 06 Chevy pick up got a Magnaflow cat back (single in, dual out) exhaust on an otherwise completely stock V6 truck.
Oh yeah, duh, Harlock has the exhaust. But, it's all stock diameter and design (the Mag muffler I have is specifically made for the 98-02 f-body) except for the exhaust tips. So, I don't really consider it a huge mod or much different from what it would've come with. Just that it's new and not crumbling into rusted pieces like the OEM parts were...

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Oh yeah, duh, Harlock has the exhaust. But, it's all stock diameter and design (the Mag muffler I have is specifically made for the 98-02 f-body) except for the exhaust tips. So, I don't really consider it a huge mod or much different from what it would've come with. Just that it's new and not crumbling into rusted pieces like the OEM parts were...

That's why my 99 Accord got the new Magnaflow exhaust (crumbling and rusted to pieces, not to mention rust holes in the stainless steel muffler). And with winter coming, I don't want to be under it when the next "Polar Vortex" arrives, trying to fix it again. I hate the cold, but I hate being under a dripping snow and salt packed in every hole in the middle of winter laying on my back or side trying to fix something that should have been done months ago.
I keep my nicer cars and trucks out of the salt around here.

Enne

Reaction score
Harlock goes into hibernation for the winter. If he's not done in the shop in the next two weeks I'm gonna put him away actually. Not sure when the snow will come but I don't want to have to deal with moving him around in it, if it hits unexpectedly. Our street is an emergency snow route and if there's an emergency declared, every car on the street has to be moved from it immediately or be towed... Wouldn't want to get the call and have to go out and slide his RWD butt on ice at 2 AM lol.

The Accord, with her snow tire set, I don't mind because I can just start her up, put in first gear and crawl up over anything. Got stuck on ice last year because I only had snow tires on the front, like an idiot. Snow had melted and re-frozen underneath the car into a sheet of ice. Like the front of the car was sitting on ice at least two inches thick on top of the road. No traction in the back so the front tires were spinning. Took me two hours to move snow and chip the ice out from under the car to get enough grip... Then immediately went and bought a second set of snow tires lol.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Harlock goes into hibernation for the winter. If he's not done in the shop in the next two weeks I'm gonna put him away actually. Not sure when the snow will come but I don't want to have to deal with moving him around in it, if it hits unexpectedly. Our street is an emergency snow route and if there's an emergency declared, every car on the street has to be moved from it immediately or be towed... Wouldn't want to get the call and have to go out and slide his RWD butt on ice at 2 AM lol.

The Accord, with her snow tire set, I don't mind because I can just start her up, put in first gear and crawl up over anything. Got stuck on ice last year because I only had snow tires on the front, like an idiot. Snow had melted and re-frozen underneath the car into a sheet of ice. Like the front of the car was sitting on ice at least two inches thick on top of the road. No traction in the back so the front tires were spinning. Took me two hours to move snow and chip the ice out from under the car to get enough grip... Then immediately went and bought a second set of snow tires lol.

LOL....You do realize those tires are always just "spinning". There's no power to them.

Enne

Reaction score
LOL....You do realize those tires are always just "spinning". There's no power to them.
There's no power to the front wheels...?

What I was saying is that because it's a FWD car, the back wheels had no traction, front ones were spinning on ice and I had to chip ice out from under the front ones.

Back