P1259 has a grip on me

ciph3r

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm not new to Hondas, but am very new to the 6th gen Accord. I've had an eg hatch and B18C5 powered EK coupe both which I swapped the motor myself and did 99% of the work so I'm not a total n00b.

My problem:

My girlfriend has a 2002 SE with the F23a1. We bought the car with the CEL on which turned out to be p1259. It was low on oil so I changed it and no more cel. She has put roughly 5000 miles on it since then and had zero issues. In my never ending journey to bring the car up to my "spec" I did a valve adjustment on it this weekend. Everything went great, but upon pulling the VC it had a good bit of grime caked up on the VC and VT. P1259 comes back! I figured I knocked some of the "crust" loose and have a clogged screen. Upon pulling the solenoid off the head the screen was very very dirty with bits of crud. I cleaned it off with carb cleaner and reinstalled it. The plunger was "stuck" a little as well so I pushed it until it moved more freely.

Put it all back together, reset the ecu and test drove it. Vtec works..no CEL... then after 5 miles the light comes back on. P1259 again.

I believe what I did was swap the ECT connector with the VTEC pressure switch. What color is the VTEC oil pressure switch plug? I've got the green on it now, but I've got a feeling like thats the ECT plug.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
Something to look at maybe...
76994867.png

001Stunna

Reaction score
Heres the pics...its like -20C and snowing in here lol so didn't have time to take a lot of them but you can see the plugs.

img0310dq.jpg

img0314p.jpg

img0315z.jpg

Hence lighter/brighter color plug on vtec and darker color on ect

sikjdm

Reaction score
oil pressure sensor is the one with the green plug and the actual vtec solenoid is the triangle base with the (3) 10mm bolts

Back