Slamming the ride and watching tires

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Im posting this off of personal experience and giving word of advice for those who like help. For those of us slammed, it must be dearly noted to keep checking the tire pressure. If you didn't know all the weight on the tires causes it to lose pressure 2x quickly than others. And if you so happen to be stretching it needs to be watched even more closely, cause of the fact we can pop the bead. This is just extra maintenance for those who just try to slam poke and stretch everything comes with a price. And once again this is for those who don't know. Just looking out for the safety of others.

truWarier02

Reaction score

4door accord02

Reaction score
Im posting this off of personal experience and giving word of advice for those who like help. For those of us slammed, it must be dearly noted to keep checking the tire pressure. If you didn't know all the weight on the tires causes it to lose pressure 2x quickly than others. And if you so happen to be stretching it needs to be watched even more closely, cause of the fact we can pop the bead. This is just extra maintenance for those who just try to slam poke and stretch everything comes with a price. And once again this is for those who don't know. Just looking out for the safety of others.

good to know for when I install my ground coilvers.I wont be tire strechting tho..Im thinking definaltey I will want to install a skid plate also...??? now Something Iam curiuos about is passenger weight when slammmed? how does this affect ride and car

Last edited:

Darianjr1

Reaction score
I check mine after every time I wash my car, which is once a week. I keep my tires at 38-40 psi. I also have a tire pressure gauge stick in my trunk.

Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Autom...BL9O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1331422149&sr=8-3
Normally for me, even after 3 weeks or so it barely loses any pressure, if anything only 2 psi. But yeah, it's still important to check routinely.
yeaa 38-40 for me too but once i went to check and one of them was at 15 :eekwtf: dont know how but yea that is a handy tool
good to know for when I install my ground coilvers.I wont be tire strechting tho..Im thinking definaltey I will want to install a skid plate also...??? now Something Iam curiuos about is passenger weight when slammmed? how does this affect ride and car
become a spark boy lol. i mean as long as we not talkin about somethin the coils cant handle. each coil holds a certain k/g it can withstand before becomin bouncy this is why the need to become stiff is important little to no bounce but if they are soft springs youll see and feel the difference
So true... I have to pump air into them every 2-3 weeks.
i pump once a week i need to upgrade my coil springs its causing too much tire pressure

001Stunna

Reaction score
i pump once a week i need to upgrade my coil springs its causing too much tire pressure

you have to put air in your tires once a week? all four of them?
are you checking your tires when they are cold(ie. car sitting for 2-3 hours)?

Weight/Load on a tire should have no relation to whether a tire looses pressure or not. For example when a shop installs tires/balances your rims they fill the tire to a certain air pressure...that pressure is the same as what the tire reads when you put the weight of the car on it(once installed on the car) and what it should read the next time you check the tire when its cold, unless the tire is not seated properly. If the bead of the tire is not seated properly around the neck of the rim and hence allowing air to escape then thats another issue.

Tires do loose air in general but not enough for you to pump air in them every week.
AirPressure.jpg

from tirerack.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Bax

turbo_911

Reaction score
I check mine after every time I wash my car, which is once a week. I keep my tires at 38-40 psi. I also have a tire pressure gauge stick in my trunk.

Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Autom...BL9O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1331422149&sr=8-3

Normally for me, even after 3 weeks or so it barely loses any pressure, if anything only 2 psi. But yeah, it's still important to check routinely.

When I kept mine at 38psi they wore down faster than if I kept them at 32-34psi :)

Back