Stiff suspension

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Ive been doing a lot of research cause Ive been contemplating on whether or not to go 16/14 k/g or 15/13 k/g and seen this forum never had a thread as such. While doing intensive research Ive found pros and cons of a stiffer suspension set up on coils. Feel free to add your own input. Not saying any of this is a 100% true like I said this is off information I gathered and some common sense/knowledge.

*Bone shattering ride.
*Reduced mechanical grip.
*Dampers become ineffective.
*Instability on bumpy roads.
*Your passengers hate you.
*Your car gets beaten to ****
*Your so low you need amazingly stiff springs just to keep your arms from topping out and such. Nothing you can do about that.
*In order to get a smooth ride but still have excellent handling you have to use 'softer' springs but a stiffer sway. ie the progress 24mm
*One safety thing to consider when running such a high rate in the rear would be oversteer/snap oversteer
*Also with running stiff springs and going beyond what others would say you could get your shocks revalved
New info​
*Tires wear quicker when cornering, since the spring is not relieving as much force on the tires.
*"Stiff springs" does NOT necessarily equal "better handling"!!!

And again I am not coming up with all this info by myself just some research, common knowledge, and some very helpful family members from 6GA

Last edited:

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Yeah I think I would like a real stiff suspension although I have a feeling my fiancé won't. . .

Mines got use to it and from what I hear and been reading swift springs makes the ride a whole lot better and stiffer at the same damn time(future) lol

Back