Stiff suspension

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
my 8.5gen using 12k/10k amr, and its super stiff...

like even the driver thinks its stiff... LOL... imagine the passanger...

hahahahhaha

i feel little rocks/gravels and such... even street cracks i can feel... hahahahhaha

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
Lets make our suspension so stiff that we get whiplash and can't handle our cars :thumbsup:

Honestly guys, unless you are racing your car or have some massively aggressive wheel setup, stick with normal spring rates

Darianjr1

Reaction score
my 8.5gen using 12k/10k amr, and its super stiff...

like even the driver thinks its stiff... LOL... imagine the passanger...

hahahahhaha

i feel little rocks/gravels and such... even street cracks i can feel... hahahahhaha
Maybe I dont feel that stiff cause my rear sway isnt on yet 24mm.... but still my rear isnt that stiff 8k i really think 14k would satisfy me. cause i carry a system my son and his car seat and usually i need to pick somebody up so yea that would more than likely work for me
Lets make our suspension so stiff that we get whiplash and can't handle our cars :thumbsup:

Honestly guys, unless you are racing your car or have some massively aggressive wheel setup, stick with normal spring rates
im running aggressive so i feel i need this plus streets where Im at are great :beer2:

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
im running aggressive so i feel i need this plus streets where Im at are great :beer2:

That's fine dude. You realize that little baby will not be able to ride in your car for a little while...

I just said that because you are going to have a bunch of noobs hopping on the massively stiff suspension band wagon...then we're going to start seeing a rash of threads with those idiots posting pics of their wrecked cars because they lost control.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
I like this

"Stiff springs" does NOT necessarily equal "better handling"!!! You're driving on public roads at reasonable speeds (I hope), not blasting around a track at 130 mph. You won't load really stiff springs enough to make them work well. Instead, you'll just bounce around like a 4-wheeled pogo stick. One thing is for sure: No matter how much you spend on tires, they do you no good if they're not touching the ground half the time!"

Source
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=10863

Darianjr1

Reaction score
^ but i only have stock rsb... lol... i need the progress rsb though
What's the hold up :'(
That's fine dude. You realize that little baby will not be able to ride in your car for a little while...

I just said that because you are going to have a bunch of noobs hopping on the massively stiff suspension band wagon...then we're going to start seeing a rash of threads with those idiots posting pics of their wrecked cars because they lost control.
Yea we have a 2nd car and thats just retarded those guys should do research 1st and drive safe I drive low and slow anyways LOL
I like this

"Stiff springs" does NOT necessarily equal "better handling"!!! You're driving on public roads at reasonable speeds (I hope), not blasting around a track at 130 mph. You won't load really stiff springs enough to make them work well. Instead, you'll just bounce around like a 4-wheeled pogo stick. One thing is for sure: No matter how much you spend on tires, they do you no good if they're not touching the ground half the time!"

Source
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=10863
I'll add that to the list and foolishness should be banned from the roads hopefully people will respect others that are on the road and yes I do infact drive safe :)

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
You realize that your rates are so close that it's trivial right?

16K vs. 15K front
14K vs. 13K rear

It'll be plenty stiff regardless.

Darianjr1

Reaction score
You realize that your rates are so close that it's trivial right?

16K vs. 15K front
14K vs. 13K rear

It'll be plenty stiff regardless.

Yea but I rather go with this 1st those couple hundred lbs go a long way BTW have you gotten your shocks revalved if so how much did it run you

Back