jerrychoochoo's 01 Taffeta White Accord Sedan LX "Build"

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score

Now that the holiday season is over I get to spend money on my car! Lol, I'm super happy I bought these brand new and I got them in less than 24 hours. Sadly, I'll be out of town this weekend so I can't install them but I will try once I get back.

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score
New wheels look good, I'm not usually a fan of stock honda wheels but they look pretty good when people actually clean them up

I feel you, these wheels are temporary until I go 5 lug. I really didn't like the way my hubcaps looked and these were really cheap so I had to get them. I think the stock wheels will look even better once I lower it.

Accordx

Reaction score
Yeah they'll probably look great without the stock wheel gap (I hate how the stock height looks but I'm still stock just for the convenience and I'd rather spend money on other parts). Also the good old splash guards, I took mine off the day I got my license haha :shrug:

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score
Yeah they'll probably look great without the stock wheel gap (I hate how the stock height looks but I'm still stock just for the convenience and I'd rather spend money on other parts). Also the good old splash guards, I took mine off the day I got my license haha :shrug:
Yeah stock height looks like poo but it’s so easy to drive around not having to worry about hitting anything. At least this time around I won’t be slamming it like I’ve done to my previous cars lol.

That's the first thing I bought for ALL of my Accords.
Yup, I love the look of splash guards. Unless I was going to go for a full lip kit but I think I’m just going to stick with a front lip.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Yeah stock height looks like poo but it’s so easy to drive around not having to worry about hitting anything. At least this time around I won’t be slamming it like I’ve done to my previous cars lol.

Yup, I love the look of splash guards. Unless I was going to go for a full lip kit but I think I’m just going to stick with a front lip.

I agree stock height does look like poo. But I've got a couple of double track crossings around me that I would otherwise have to crawl over (if lowered), rather than just slowing down to 25 and going right over them. They're bad enough that 4X4's slow down for them too.

The set of guards I have on my 99 are re-pops, and they fit as good as the NOS ones I put on my wife's 00. My son has them on his 98 Civic, and he modified the rears for his rear lip that he added (it's got a front one too).

I've been thinking about adding a lip (since I joined the forums almost a year ago), but I'm not sure which one to go with since I haven't really gone looking for 1 yet.
I do love the look of the factory mud guards though. I think they complete the look on the side of the car. Now if you had extended the length of the side skirts, then maybe you wouldn't need them.:shrug:

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score
I agree stock height does look like poo. But I've got a couple of double track crossings around me that I would otherwise have to crawl over (if lowered), rather than just slowing down to 25 and going right over them. They're bad enough that 4X4's slow down for them too.

The set of guards I have on my 99 are re-pops, and they fit as good as the NOS ones I put on my wife's 00. My son has them on his 98 Civic, and he modified the rears for his rear lip that he added (it's got a front one too).

I've been thinking about adding a lip (since I joined the forums almost a year ago), but I'm not sure which one to go with since I haven't really gone looking for 1 yet.
I do love the look of the factory mud guards though. I think they complete the look on the side of the car. Now if you had extended the length of the side skirts, then maybe you wouldn't need them.:shrug:

Yeah the best solution would be to get bags but they're too damn expensive. Plus you always have to worry about them leaking and what not, such a headache.

It sucks that my car is a 01. There is literally no lip available. I don't want to convert to a coupe front nor do I want to go 98-00. But I heard someone got a 98-00 coupe OEM style front lip to fit on his 01 with little modifications. I would love to find a real OEM lip but I guess a replica will do for now. And the reason why I want to go with the front lip and splash guard look:

Accordx

Reaction score
Yeah you can usually modify front lips to fit your bumper if it's made of polyurethane. I got a 98-00 coupe lip to fit on my 01 coupe, just had to cut the part that sits on the lower grill to fit my bumper and did some drilling/3m auto tape work to make it fit snugly. Looks great.

KONG

Reaction score
I think he had a 98-00 coupe front bumper and lip, in that picture. :shrug:

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score
Yeah you can usually modify front lips to fit your bumper if it's made of polyurethane. I got a 98-00 coupe lip to fit on my 01 coupe, just had to cut the part that sits on the lower grill to fit my bumper and did some drilling/3m auto tape work to make it fit snugly. Looks great.
Yeah hopefully it’s as simple as that lol. I swear I always run into a problem when I work on my car.

I think he had a 98-00 coupe front bumper and lip, in that picture. :shrug:
Yeah he had a coupe front with an OEM lip. My fault, I wasn’t talking about him modifying an 01 sedan front with a coupe lip. I was just saying he’s inspiring me to do a front lip and splash guard look if that makes any sense?

Back