04 Acura TL MT Rear Sway Bar (20mm)

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Price paid - $51.46
Purchased from - Acura of Concord, California
Rating - 9.5/10

Pros- Price, very cheap, can't really beat it. Handling, good improvement. Basically, after adding springs, a front strut bar and wider/bigger tires my car really started to feel far less neutral than before. It handled better than stock but understeer was pretty prevelant. This made the car feel much more neutral without changing the dynamics of the car drastically. Ride is virtually unchanged.

Cons- Endlinks may become your worst nightmare. I only had minor problems. It also is very close to the exhaust hanger on an I4. Some complained about rubbing. I didn't have problems personally. That is the only reason this doesn't get a full 10/10 for the money.

tiktawk

Reaction score
I agree 100%. A great upgrade. My 10 year old son used to get carsick (queasy, not upchucking) only in my 2000 Accord, but after installing the rear TL bar it added a lot of control to the rear end of the car, which always seemed to be trying to catch up to the front. He hasn't complained since.

kevinyu1115

Reaction score
hey guys, whats up. I'm new in the forum. I just bought my first car. I'm just wondering if it's possible for me to install the Rear sway bar myself. I had very few experiences on car. I did my CAI and tail lights, and that's pretty much about it.
Is it possible for me to install the bar myself? or should I go to the dealer or bodyshop?

champaned_out

Reaction score
^^
welcome to the site, the work involved to install the bar is pretty easy... if your car's been through a few seasons of winter the endlinks will probably be the hardest thing to remove... theres a chance that you'll have to replace them

other than that if you have a open socket wrench, rachet wrench, a jack, and the proper hex key your pretty much set

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
Why didnt you just upgrade to a Comptech one? J/K.... i HAD the exact same prolems with the endlink... Good job on the unpgrade...

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I was actually planning on the comptech one but the decided to go out of business like a week before i wanted to buy one. So this ended up being a good alternative.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
I have the comptech one, my roommate has the TL one. No difference. The comptech is 22MM and the TL is 20mm. There was not noticeable that can really justify paying an extra 20 bucks for.

EDIT: I bought mine a while back for 70 bucks or so, didn't know the price went up that much

steadypimpin

Reaction score
wasnt there a thread about something like this? Can anyone else find it? I wanted to order the stuff and I need the link but cannot for the life of me find the thread.

Back