Which r the right struts 4 me??

blackaccord

Reaction score
I cant asnwer that question, hence need ur advice.
Got a 98 4dr i4 Accord
I just bought sportlines and a camber kit, searching for the right struts and will install all at once.

Done a lot of reading and seems that when it comes to choosing the shocks, factors considering one are stiffness in the ride or comfort.

I wanna lower my car by 2", doing this purely for the looks and I dont wanna sacrifice comfort. Dont want a bumpy ride
I dont take my car to the tracks

HELP!!!

theaccordian

Reaction score
It depends how much you willing to pay for comfort. But if you got deep pockets then I would go with koni yellows or Blistein, probably the best quality shocks

out there, with the best balance of ride and performance. But if your looking for something cheaper id go with tokico blues or KYB GR2's which are basically stock

replacements. Also with tokico Illumoinas your able to adjust the stiffness they have a stiffness level of 1-5, 1 being soft as stock and 5 being backbreaking stiff. So you could just get those and leave em on 1 or 2. But mind you with the spring rate of sportlines youll never be as smooth as stock. More info herehttp://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=797528

my accord bible

Last edited:

cdubb77

Reaction score
I have KYB GR-2's and so does Blacknight. Nice and cheap. I've had mine installed since March with my Neuspeed Race springs and the ride is good.

blackaccord

Reaction score
I was told that KYB are stock replcaments. I m going for a 2" drop and they wont be able to handle that and will eventually blow away.

klee

Reaction score
For a 2 inch drop I would strongly recommend Konis, Tokico Illuminas, or Bilstein. Anything else will not be able to handle it.

blackaccord

Reaction score
Thx for the response guys,
theaccordian, I understand that my ride wont be the same as stock, but at the same time it shldnt be too bumpy either.
Also i dont think I'll be adjusting the stiffness, but anyways I hve decided to put in the extra $$ and go for Illuminas over HP blues
I will go with tokico illuminas / Eibach sportline combo.... once I do the drop i will let u guys know.

Thx for the feedback.
If you have any other advice free feel to add em

Back