DIY 98-00 Cluster - white faces/red needles

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
I put on one of the faces and plugged it back in to light it up...but now my cluster will not light up. Only one bulb by the rpm guage lights up, no other bulbs work beside warning lights (SRS, TCS, etc.). So essentially I can't see my speedometer or fuel and temps at night. Any ideas on what went wrong? BTW these are the stock bulbs, just wanted to see if I could make the faces work.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
So you removed the cluster from the car, applied one of the gauge overlays, then hooked the cluster back up and the bulbs stopped working? What about the lights on the radio and HVAC, do they work?

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
So you removed the cluster from the car, applied one of the gauge overlays, then hooked the cluster back up and the bulbs stopped working? What about the lights on the radio and HVAC, do they work?
Yeah exactly. Radio and HVAC work, and one bulb behind the tach works. The bulbs worked fine before I pulled out the cluster.

I'll post pics when I get out of class tonight.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Hmm okay. Well it sounds like your small lights fuse is ok. Try switching the working bulb in the tach to the other tach position and speedo positions, and see if it still works.

Varnell

Reaction score
Did you replace them with LEDs and put them in backwards?

Edit: Nevermind, I see now that you're reusing the same bulbs.

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Turns out the wire was loose, my brother was messing with the car when I had the cluster out. It's all good now. Thanks boys!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Lyttle

Reaction score
I love the look of the chrome and white on there, looks so good may do this to mine lol

Back