What kind of oil do YOU use?

Sinful

Reaction score
What kind of oil does everyone use? (just to see who uses what brand)

I have a 98 EX AV6, and my uncle(who i bought my car from) told me to buy any fully synthetic oil, any brand. So should i buy Mobil 1 5W-20 or 5W-30? Or a different brand? And 5 quarts is enough right?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
5 quarts is enough but I'd just buy a case of 6 so you have a spare. You should run a thinner oil in the winter since the cold thickens it. Right now I run Royal Purple 5w30.

The v6 takes approximately 4.6 quarts.

TheExxonKid

Reaction score
I run all Mobil 1 5W-20 synthetic. I also get a discount for working for the company but still.....good stuff.....

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i use olive oil....

Castrol 10W30 or 5W30 depending on the whether and how i feel.
Castrol has that no slut formula...

N4TECguy

Reaction score
Don't buy Mobil 1 anymore, it's not worth it. Recent oil analysis show that the oil is no longer performing like it used to, indicating a switch from a GpIV to a GpIII base stock. For the price they make you pay that's ridiculous. Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic has been getting just as good results and if you catch it at the right time it's 1/3 to 1/6 the price. If you want to run the best synthetic oil you should be looking elsewhere...maybe Redline, Amsoil, Royal Purple or German Castrol. Not sure about the rest but I know German Castrol is a GpIV

I should make it clear I'm not saying M1 is a BAD oil or that it's worse than a regular dino oil - I'm saying that for the price it's not worth the money when you compare it to other similar performing oils.

I run MotorCraft 5W-20 and it's the best oil I've run so far. It doesn't burn that much, it gets awesome gas mileage, it runs very very smooth, and gives good power. In the past I've run 5W-30 & 10W-40 Castrol GTX and 10W-30 Pennzoil High Mileage...didn't like either one all that much.

If you change your oil regularly I don't think you should be worrying about sludge...these aren't Toyotas :beer:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
No sluts ay???:rofl:

:rofl: i guess my celica's not a slut either cos i use the same oil :p

use thinner oil in winter, and thicker in summer.... if u're in socal, just use 10W30 dino oil like i do.. no need to waste $$ on synthetic imo if u change ur oil regularly

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
standard valvoline with wix filter...5w30 most times but 10w40 when im feeling frisky in the summer :)

Back