F23A1 01 Coupe No reverse

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Yeah it's just not very clear if the OP needs an engine or just a transmission in their wording haha... also I think if I were in this situation I'd make the switch to manual, I don't see why you'd swap another auto in unless it's really inconvenient for you to have a manual

Yeah, when he first posted, it sounded like he needed just a trans. Then he started posting about getting a F20B, then it became needing both.

In my case, if the AT ever quit in my wife's car, I'd just replace it with another AT. Then I don't have to go on a search for a new ECU with a matching key for starters. Or hunt up a manual trans with everything needed for the swap like a clutch, clutch pedal, clutch master cyl and line, cables and shifter base, MT flywheel, transmission, wiring harness, etc... And just gets you started, before you start replacing worn out motor/trans mounts and things like that. That's just doing a trans swap, add in an engine, and you can add in a bunch of other stuff like a new timing belt, new water pump, header, etc... You can wrap up some serious money in a hurry, versus throwing 800 for an AT and be back on the road.
Remember, these cars are only worth about 2 grand in running driving condition. You can find them on Craig's list for that or less, so it really doesn't make any sense putting 4500 to 5 grand into a 1500 dollar car does it?

Last edited:
Back