Turbo project begun

Mr_Hback01

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I don’t post too much on here but I do use the forum for valuable information for my 6th gen. I have laid out a list of parts needed and begun to purchase a few for a turbo project. That being said I do have a few questions regarding the project that I was hoping the gurus on here might be able to help me with. I have done lots of research on here and the other Honda forums about most of these question topics but just want to get for sure answers to some things so I can continue collecting the right parts. My car has been properly maintenanced throughout it’s life and is in good condition so this will be budget build and not a tear down and build the whole engine kind of project, although I would love to… I just want a little more fun out of mine and bear in mind I am a full time college student with a part time job and rent payments so it will be an extended process.

Goals:
DD ~ 8psi on stock internals
200-230 whp
Done right the first time and not blow up my engine

Parts List:
Godspeed manifold
Precision 39mm wastegate
Precision 3431E turbo
Hks ssqv blow off valve
P28 ecu and OBD2b – OBD1 harness from Xenocron
29”x6” Intercooler and piping from siliconeintakes.com
DIY oil feed and return lines (found a nice write up online)
2.5 dump tube into exhaust with a Magnaflow muffler (debating whether to go to 3” or not..)
Autometer cobalt Oil press and boost gauges (Custom mounting in cubby below radio)
Walbro 255 fuel pump
DSM or RDX injectors (still debating)

Not the full list… didn’t feel like putting my whole excel spreadsheet up here :thumbup:

Questions:
OBD1 Conversion: I have read both in depth write-ups on here and a couple others, I will most likely follow AFAccord’s method but have just a couple questions in addition to this.
-What kind of fuel injectors do we have? I haven’t been able to fine solid answer to this.
-Would I need to change/upgrade my injectors to fit my goals of ~ 8psi? I know that’s not a whole lot of boost so im unsure if I would need to upgrade the injectors to flow enough fuel to match this? Or whether OBD1 conversion would require a change?
-Exhaust: 3” seems big for 8psi, Im thinking of going 2.5 back most of the way then to 3” into a Magnaflow race muffler. Would that be limiting to my power in a way that I would be able to tell?

Im sure I will come up with some more questions along the way, but for now that’s all I can think of. Any help, comments, recommendations are much appreciated!!

Proof!!
IMG_2458.jpg

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
You will need at least 440cc injectors the ones you have now are probably around 240cc's

Also you should convert to obd1 for ease of tuning, and a 2.5'' exhaust will be fine, you shouldnt need any bigger unless you really are focused on making bigger power

Chris Vu

Reaction score
I don't think you need new injectors. I believe I read somewhere that ours would work til 250ish hp ?

9450erick

Reaction score
i would use DC 440cc injectors from an eclipse
not that hard to find either and very cheap .

Mr_Hback01

Reaction score
I don't think you need new injectors. I believe I read somewhere that ours would work til 250ish hp ?

This was the kind of thing i thought i might have heard somewhere... If not then I will swap out the injectors.

Just wasn't sure if I could convert to OBD1 and still run these and provide enough fuel for my low boost application.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Im making 217whp @7psi with factory injectors and computer. Just with an FMU..Dont recommend it at all,but just throwing it out there.ha

Mr_Hback01

Reaction score
Im making 217whp @7psi with factory injectors and computer. Just with an FMU..Dont recommend it at all,but just throwing it out there.ha

So theoretically... if i were to convert to obd1 via p28 and harness, i could still run the stock injectors at the low psi im planning? I know you said youre running a stock ecu, but would an obd1 ecu be able to run the stock injectors?

I hate to sound redundant, I'm just looking for as much knowledge as possible as this is something Im not 100% sure about or comfortable with yet. Just want to get it done right and if new injectors are not needed to run my planned setup then i will not bother with higher flowing ones.

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
You only make 200+ whp on stock injectors because the fmu runs them at over 100 psi fuel pressure, keep it up and eventually everything breaks..

I have said it before, and will again... The part of a turbo charging experience you don't cheap out on is engine management.

You need injectors, end of story. And I don't recommend Eclipse or Evo Peak and Hold type injectors unless you want to wire in a resistor box. Go for saturated.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
my car runs 100% duty cycle whether i am spraying or not, havent had an issue yet with them being overworked

technically, it would be nice to upgrade to some dsm blue tops, but i would say it really all depends on how you drive and what your tuner says

our f23 injectors work perfectly with the p28 ecu, no resistor noxes needed

Back