Stereo keeps turning off after a hour drive & check engine light pops out

Clonerenolc

Reaction score
TRUST ME I BEEN LOOKING FOR ANSWERS FOR A WHILE BUT CANT SEEM TO FIND A SOLUTION

3TH TIME INSTALLING SUBS YET THIS TIME I CANT SEEM TO GET IT TOGETHER

THE AMP IS CONNECTED PROPERLY GROUND IS ALSO , I WILL POST PICTURES WHEN IM OFF WORK , I HAVE A JVC KD330 STEREO & ITS TURNING OF THE ONLY THING IM CURIOUS ITS WHAT WIRE DO I CONNECT THE BLUE(POWER) FROM THE AMP TO STEREO ,I BELIEVE THE WIRING FROM THE AFTERMARKET STERO SHOULD BE A BLUE/WHITE

IF ANY ONE CAN GUIDE ME TO SOME ANSWERS PLEASE LMK THANKS IN ADVANCE:banghead:

Last edited:

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Re: Stereo keeps turning off after a hour drive

Blue or blue/wht wire is remote wire (amp turn on) if there is 2 one is for power antenna which our cars do not have. Be carful not to ground that remote wire or you will fry the internal amp on your head unit. Just google model number of your deck for wiring diagram. If your head unit keeps turning off after a bit might be over heating or you have a grounding issue.

Here wiring is here
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/437761/Jvc-Kd-R330.html

dawg316

Reaction score

amp turn on wire car can go to switch 12 v. i usualy put it on the solid blue or you can also tap / splice it into the Red 12v key on wire

when your head unit turns it self on. can you turn the key off and back on the dose it power back up?

sounds like its going into protect mode.

how often dose this happen. how long do u have to wait before the radio turns back on

will it happen when bumping music lowdley or regular/quietly

dose it happen every time after an hour or only some days?

all this info matters, more info you give us the better / correct of an awnser your gonna get

Clonerenolc

Reaction score

Blue or blue/wht wire is remote wire (amp turn on) if there is 2 one is for power antenna which our cars do not have. Be carful not to ground that remote wire or you will fry the internal amp on your head unit. Just google model number of your deck for wiring diagram. If your head unit keeps turning off after a bit might be over heating or you have a grounding issue.

Here wiring is here
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/437761/Jvc-Kd-R330.html

Forgot to mention the radio shuts off after an hour or so from bumping and the check engine light comes out I cant remember code but sure it read alternator failing , I erased the code and removed the power so no sounds till I figure out whats wrong ,ill upload pictures soon maybe I connected something wrong

& yes check engine light hasn't turned on since I disconnected the sounds & drives perfect

appreciate the fast response thanks!

Last edited:

Clonerenolc

Reaction score

amp turn on wire car can go to switch 12 v. i usualy put it on the solid blue or you can also tap / splice it into the Red 12v key on wire

when your head unit turns it self on. can you turn the key off and back on the dose it power back up?

sounds like its going into protect mode.

how often dose this happen. how long do u have to wait before the radio turns back on

will it happen when bumping music lowdley or regular/quietly

dose it happen every time after an hour or only some days?

all this info matters, more info you give us the better / correct of an awnser your gonna get

I just installed the sounds 2days ago and hasn't work ever since , only happen to me once as soon as the check engine light when on I removed the power of the amp , so off

Loud or soft it will still turn off , only the stereo car stays on amp stays on

dawg316

Reaction score

Forgot to mention the radio shuts off after an hour or so from bumping and the check engine light comes out I cant remember code but sure it read alternator failing , I erased the code and removed the power so no sounds till I figure out whats wrong ,ill upload pictures soon maybe I connected something wrong

& yes check engine light hasn't turned on since I disconnected the sounds & drives perfect

appreciate the fast response thanks!

Start there before anything. you know an amplifier and subs draw mad power. you monitor your volatage to see what its like while driving or bumping music an hour straight ?

voltage at idle should be rought 13v. driving should be lets say 13.5-14.5 volts

How many RMS is your subs and amps ?
what brand and model number. ?

sounds like too much current being drawn

notice any headlight flickering ?

Clonerenolc

Reaction score
Glad you asked , not so good whit this whole sound system stuff , but have 2 12in p2 punch w/ punch 900watt amp

My main concern was installing everything right so Im assuming everything looks good. Correct ?

No headlight flickering

Last edited:

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Are the subs DVC if so make sure you running the proper ohms that your amp can handle, also test your alternator and batt to make sure you have proper voltage.

Clonerenolc

Reaction score
So I had a buddy of mines that's really good at installs check it out , said my amp was ****ty 900watt punch pretty old school , so Till I get a better amp I will update you guys , so far the system it's out and the car continues to drive perfect thanks everyone for the help though

Back