!!!!!Accord shutting off problems!!!!!!

JOHN....

Reaction score
sup people I have a 1999 Honda Accord LX 225miles the motor is a f23A4 automatic transmission the car is all stock brought it from an orderly man now the problem is that when I'm driving the car shuts off so I pulled over and it turns back on with no problems so it only does it when I'm driving or I'm stopped at a red light maybe someone here on this page experienced the same problem maybe you could tell me what was causing it or maybe someone can help me with it and let me kno what you think it could be thank you

Josh01accord

Reaction score
I've ran the ones from AutoZone with no problems. I mean obviously the oem can't be any better lol.glad you figured it out.good luck

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
I replaced mine and it went out again after 1 year. So I just bypassed the ignition the switch with a rocker switch and a push button, now I have a push button start. But the key still must be in the ignition for the chip to make the car start. Much cooler and cost less. Took about an hour to do it. I am an electrician so the wiring part was cake.

JOHN....

Reaction score
I replaced mine and it went out again after 1 year. So I just bypassed the ignition the switch with a rocker switch and a push button, now I have a push button start. But the key still must be in the ignition for the chip to make the car start. Much cooler and cost less. Took about an hour to do it. I am an electrician so the wiring part was cake.

Can you email me or send a diagram on how you bypass it because I was just doing more reading on this and it seems like it's a common problem with these car even if you replace them with new ones that they still will mess up on you and I don't wanna have to keep replacing them

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Send me your email. The wiring is pretty straight forward. I went the lazy route and did not use a fuse proper sized for this setup. I just jumped off the 100 amp fuse. In the future I will put a 10 amp fuse on the line.

Everything is wired in series. Power starts at the battery + > on/off > push button/momentary > starter solenoid contact(spade connector).

The starter has a bolt terminal for power and a small spade terminal for the solenoid. I actually jumped it straight from the battery to the solenoid for the day while I drove from store to store getting parts.

The on/off switch is option. To me it is extra insurance to not bump the push button and grind the starter.

Sequence to start is flip the rocker switch to on. That powers the push button. Turn key to ON. Push starter button until engine fires. Flip rocker to off this killing power to push button.

Back