DIY how to make your clock light red in 5min UPDATED PICS

-bl-

Reaction score
Re: DIY how to make your clock light red in 5min

figure about $25 u can do your whole interior. unless u go with crazy leds. thats a small price to pay for an upgrade. the thing that kinda sucks about stock bulbs, they all start going out soon after they start. at least mine did. change em all once to leds, never have to deal with it again.

and u wont have a pink clock...

unless ur into pink clocks:roy:

good job on the interior swap, must be awesome. However i mainly posted this thread to those who want a quick simple change, if i do a whole interior LED swap im looking at the $25 plus $33 shipping to canada = $58 no thanks. Also the pic makes it look pink but mine is orange/red (pics aren't always accurate).

Hope it turns out good! i don't know how blue would look, maybe post a pic?

Do the flashers and clock have separate fuses? My clock doesnt like up lol. just noticed.

Sorry man i've never really looked into that, i haven't had a problem with my clock. Does your clock function ok? and just the light doesn't turn on? if so you probably just need to change the bulb because it could be burnt out.

frantz954

Reaction score

good job on the interior swap, must be awesome. However i mainly posted this thread to those who want a quick simple change, if i do a whole interior LED swap im looking at the $25 plus $33 shipping to canada = $58 no thanks. Also the pic makes it look pink but mine is orange/red (pics aren't always accurate).

yeah sorry i was in a weird mood, just messin around. $33 shipping?!? really??? thats crap! yeah i would probably go with the sharpie too. ****, if my bulb wasnt already burnt i probably would have tried it.

Ryan

Reaction score

Sorry man i've never really looked into that, i haven't had a problem with my clock. Does your clock function ok? and just the light doesn't turn on? if so you probably just need to change the bulb because it could be burnt out.

no, the numbers have been messed up since the day i got it

-bl-

Reaction score
yeah sorry i was in a weird mood, just messin around. $33 shipping?!? really??? thats crap! yeah i would probably go with the sharpie too. ****, if my bulb wasnt already burnt i probably would have tried it.

I wonder if blue pearl nail polish would work...

no worrires lol. yeah shipping is a lot.. Ha nail polish? that would be interesting but i dono if it would be really transparent.

no, the numbers have been messed up since the day i got it
Hmm have you looked into buying a new clock? i dont think there that much money and the piece is really small. Or maybe try going to the junk yard and see if you can just get one there? im not that good with electrical work so i dont know why your clock is messed.

Oh man, sharpie colored blubs, makes me feel 16 again.
LOL

David_Van

Reaction score
I'm going to try this later. Maybe this is a good alternative way of having color gauges without having big hot spots or modifying your whole cluster with led strips.

Back