drivers side headlight

nhoz22

Reaction score
Need help..headlight just stopped working..
replaced the fuse and bulb but still nothing.. the highbeam indicator on the dash is slightly lit when using lowbeam.. but when i switch to high beams the indicator light goes off..
I've been reading and its either the ground, lighting relay or wiring..
What do you guys think?
Any help on how to do things on diagnosing or replacing parts properly would be great...

kn0x47

Reaction score
I have no clue but seeing how the high beam indicator seems lit when it isn't supposed to then I would assume either the head light switch is malfunctioning or a relay issue. Gl

001Stunna

Reaction score
Turn off car and headlights. If you have an HID kit take it off and re-connect normal bulbs. Check and replace the 2x 20amp fuses in the engine bay fuse box. Check and replace the 2x relays as well. Retest.

Usually the problem happens when one of the 20amp fuses blows or when an hid ballast goes bad.

nhoz22

Reaction score
Ok.. i wil try removing the HID.. i just hope i can still find my stock bulbs..:thinking:
The highbeam only works on passenger side headlight.. thanks guys..i will do what you guys suggested and post here whatever i find out.. could help out somebody with the same problem.. but will i get pulled over for it?:coffee:

001Stunna

Reaction score
Ok.. i wil try removing the HID.. i just hope i can still find my stock bulbs..:thinking:
The highbeam only works on passenger side headlight.. thanks guys..i will do what you guys suggested and post here whatever i find out.. could help out somebody with the same problem.. but will i get pulled over for it?:coffee:

huhh? pulled over for what?

do what i mentioned above. it'll fix your problem. you might have to buy a new ballast to replace your bad one.

doubleclutch

Reaction score
if you are driving with a high beam on yea cops can pull you over. central ohio cops will pull anyone over for a headlight out or high beams on, its an easy excuse to pull you over

Back