ESP.net 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Models

ESP.net

Reaction score
Hey guys as you know we have quite a few products for the 90+ Accords from Mount Kits, Traction Bar Systems to Solid 2/3/4 Point Strut Bars/Tie Bars...

I am going to make the 98-02 Accord 4 cyl Models Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H. I thought I would post this up with the whole process.

I am going to explain what we are thinking of doing. As you can see below is a 98-02 Accord 4 cylinder model. They have what they call a K member which most cars use now.

The issues... each side of the motor has a beam from front to back. This is un boltable. Honda have had these in the past on various vehicles for impact. Most cases are flimsy and we do not use in our kits. In order to use the 2 beams I would have to either lower or higher the radius rods in order for required wheel clearance....

The much easier solution is just to simply not use the boltable side beams on each side. The end result will look much like below.

I am currently in the process of making it and will post up more information shortly hoping to have it finished and into production in 2 weeks. -John

Please do not discuss how much, etc etc... this is just a process thread and discussion

Q: Why and what will this do?

Prevent wheel hop and torque steer. It will keep the nose of the car down under launching it will grab traction much quicker and go straight. Only way to fly to get from point A to point B as fast as you can. It will also strengthen the front of the car, improve overall handeling and road response. The Front Torque Mount Kit will put more power to the ground, improve shifts with eliminating unwanted engine movement. It will also give the necessary clearance for Turbo Downpipes and Custom Headers.

Production Picture:

98-02TBS3.jpg

98-02TBS2.jpg

Installed on Customers Car:

ESP98-02AccTBS.jpg

Last edited:

ESP.net

Reaction score
Re: ESP.net 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Mo

What the 98-02 Accord 4 cylinder Chassis Looks like below: Undo the spaces and copy paste.

http ://myimages.bravenet.com/347/171/808/1/98-02.jpg

What the final product will appear much like: Undo the spaces and copy paste.

http ://myimages.bravenet.com/347/171/808/1/TG.jpg

Last edited:

NASOHC

Reaction score
Re: ESP.net 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Mo

Interesting, subscribing to this thread... let's hear some feedback!

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score

Nice, thank you for going with this project man.

Possibility of working on V6 models too?

I think they use the same K-frame on 4 and 6 bangers --> i might be wrong but I do know that the Ultra Racing 4 point brace mounts to both 4 and 6 banger k-frames, so.... maybe your Traction Bar set up will end up working on both?

ESP.net

Reaction score

Nice, thank you for going with this project man.

Possibility of working on V6 models too?

I think they use the same K-frame on 4 and 6 bangers --> i might be wrong but I do know that the Ultra Racing 4 point brace mounts to both 4 and 6 banger k-frames, so.... maybe your Traction Bar set up will end up working on both?

It is very possible, schematics show similar cross members. Part numbers are not the same for each. But that doesn't mean a lot. Could be something as small as a added bolt or a different front member for V6 front mount.

Wrecking Yards schematic show no inner change-ability. 4cyl and v6.

They appeared close when rumaging the local wrecking yard.

They do appear to bolt up the same... so possibility is there. Might just only have the make a different Front Mount Torque Mount Kit for the V6.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score

Correct...K-frames are different from I4 to V6, although they have the same bolt points.

9450erick

Reaction score

ive been wanting to fab up one but my ideas no where near ur design. i was gonna run bars parallel to the radius rods. wanted to use the same design or close to what civics run. very interested

jdm4eva

Reaction score

definitely subscribed to this.

Can't wait for the final product.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

links didnt work for pics.
Im interested.I emailed a company to make custom traction bars for me.
following thread.

akoutmos

Reaction score

lol, i just moved to Seattle and was literally going to swing by your shop and talk to you about fabing something. I've been following your work for a while and you do some excellent work. If this does come together, you have a definite sale here.

Back